Fishing is an activity you can undertake in Nier Replicant. However, unlike real life, it isn’t a particularly fulfilling activity. It is sure to leave you frustrated and clawing at your hair because it is that difficult. You can unlock fishing early on in the game as part of a quest you are given. While there isn’t much to it, fishing is still quite frustrating to get right in the game. Scroll down and read below for the complete Nier Replicant Fishing Guide.
Fishing Controls in Nier Replicant
- First, you have to find a suitable water body that has several fish.
- Now, stand on a platform or along the shore of the water body.
- Press ‘Circle’ on PlayStation or ‘B’ on XBOX and select the bait of your choice.
- Your character will cast the line automatically.
- For the fish to get a proper bite, wait till the bobbing float goes underwater.
- This is the perfect time to pull back your fishing rod.
- You will have to pull the fishing rod in the opposite direction of the fish. For eg., if the fish is moving to the top left, pull your analog stick to the bottom right.
- A health bar indicating the fish’s health will appear below.
- Keep at it till the bar completely depletes.
- After this, your character will pull the fish out of the water and you will have caught a fish.
How to use bait while Fishing
You will have to purchase bait for fishing in Nier Replicant. You can find this bait in a shop in the Seafront Map market. The shop can be identified by its display of fishing wares. You will be able to choose between 5 different types of bait in this shop, namely:
Types of Fishes in Nier Replicant and their locations
|Black Bass||Home Village, next to the Waterwheel||Lure||1500 Gold|
|Blowfish||Seafront Pier||Lugworm||500 Gold|
|Blue Marlin||Seafront Pier||Sardine||1900 Gold|
|Bream||Seafront Pier||Lure||750 Gold|
|Carp||Home Village, next to the Waterwheel||Earthworm||100 Gold|
|Dunkleosteus||Seafront Pier||Sardine||12,500 Gold|
|Giant Catfish||Eastern Road pond||Earthworm||2250 Gold|
|Hyneria||Desert, next to the Fast Travel boat||Sardine
|Rainbow Trout||Seafront Pier area and Nothern Plains||Lure or Earthworms||600 Gold|
|Rhizodont||Desert, next to the Fast Travel boat||Sardine
|Royal Fish||Eastern Road pond||Earthworm||4000 Gold|
|Sandfish||Desert, next to the Fast Travel boat||Lure||2500 Gold
|Seafront Beach||Lure||60 Gold|
|Shark||Seafront Pier||Sardine||1250 Gold|
Once you catch all the types of fish available you will get the ‘A Round by the Pound’ trophy. To view all the fishes you have captured go to Grimoire Weiss menu > Notes > Fishing Records.
Junk items you can get while fishing in Nier Replicant
The ocean is full of trash. Not a surprising discovery now is it. The junk you find from water bodies in Nier Replicant is actually pretty useful. You can use these junk items to level and upgrade your weapons in the game.
|Rusty Bucket||Seafront Pier||Earthworms|
|Aquatic Plant||Seafront Pier||Earthworms|
|Rusted Clump||Northern Plains and the Desert||Sardines or Carp|