Sea vessels and ships acted as an integral part of a Viking Society. The boats are used for anything from crossing the river and fishing to trading and raiding. And in Valheim which is based on the Viking lifestyle and Norse mythology, Longship is the best vessel you can get your hands on. But before unlocking Longships, you can use a Raft or a Karve. A Karve is an upgraded version of a Raft and the Boat controls are same as the Raft and Longboat. So today let’s look at how to build a Boat (Karve) in Valheim.
How to Make a Boat in Valheim (Karve)
To build a Karve boat in Valheim you need the following items:
Here’s how to get them all:
- Bronze Nails: Can be made in Forge and used in building ships and furniture.
- Deer Hide: Dropped when you hunt Deer. It can also be collected from chests in both Meadows and the Black Forest.
- Fine Wood: Collect in Meadows by chopping Birch and Oak trees with a Bronze axe.
- Resin: Can be collected by killing Greydwarfs in the Black Forest.
Once you have the required items, you need to do the following:
- Build a Workbench near the water where you are planning to place it.
- Equip Hammer from inventory.
- Go to Miscellaneous Tab.
- Select Karve.
- Place it in the water beside the workbench.
Now you can use Karve, which is a worthy upgrade over the Raft in Valheim. Gather your friends around to show off your new Valheim boat and explore the biomes together.
The next only possible upgrade over your Karve is a Longship. While you’re here, check out more tips & tricks that will help you level up your gameplay in our Valheim guides like:
- How To Farm Greydwarf
- Change Controls in Valheim
- How To Make A Hoe In Valheim
- Transfer Items Between Worlds In Valheim
- The Best Valheim Seeds: Great Spawn Locations and Resources
- Can I Play Valheim Solo?
- Valheim: How To Make Healing Potions
For more details do not forget to visit our Valheim Wiki Guide for cheats, boss fights, rare resource locations, etc.