As Kratos and his companions’ journey across the Nine Realms, they will encounter a plethora of threats and foes. These include overpowered mythological characters like Odin, Thor, and more. But you will also encounter Primordial rogue magic and creatures. One of these includes the Frost Phantom which can be trouble if not meddled with the right strategy. So, check out our boss guide on how to beat the Frost Phantom in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Beat Frost Phantom in God of War Ragnarok
You can encounter the Frost Phantom while progressing through the optional side quests in GoW Ragnarok. Freya will also be alongside you during this Boss fight. So, make sure to use her Sigil arrows against the Boss. Unlike other bosses, you need to build their stun meter before you can damage them. You will find the Stun meter below their Health bar. Once you have built and filled the meter, destroy the Purple Runes or Pillars around. This would deplete their HP meter with two health bars spontaneously.
Its HP meter is divided into three health bars. While it does not have any solid form, it does have several attacks that cannot be taken lightly. So, here’s how you can defeat the Frost Phantom in God of War Ragnarok:
- As mentioned earlier, you need to fill their Stun meter to damage them.
- The key to filling the stun meter is only to keep attacking its core. You can throw the Leviathan Axe right at its core to stagger it. Although the Frost Phantom gets stunned only for a brief time, you can recall the Leviathan Axe constantly.
- Once the Stun meter is filled up, you need to destroy the Purple pillars or runes. You can find these pillars all over the place around the boss fight.
- You will have enough time to destroy them before the Phantom gets back up.
- Some of the Phantom’s attacks can be unforgiving. While some are blockable, most of them are unblockable attacks.
- So, keep in mind to recognize as well as counter red and double blue ring attacks.
- Furthermore, Frost Phantom also has a collection of AoE attacks in GoW Ragnarok. Rather than parrying or dodging, such attacks would need to move out of the way.
- When the odds are against Kratos, you can use the Spartan Rage to balance out.
- Speaking of their AoE attacks, watch out for the Slam attack. During this attack, they can crash and head under the ground creating a shockwave.
- You can dodge this attack by looking at the glowing red circles around you.
- Frost Phantom can also close the distance by going under the ground and appearing out of nowhere. We suggest keeping a distance between them to avoid direct impact or damage.
- You need to be cautious of an Explosion attack that covers a large Area of Effect (AoE). When they inflict this attack, they will spread out several Orbs from under the ground. And these orbs would also have an AoE indicated by glowing circles.
- So, make sure not to stand on these circles. All you need to keep repeating is filling the Stun meter and damaging the Purple Runes.
In total, there are three Purple Pillars or Runes that you have to destroy. Once you have depleted their health meter, you need to hit the R3 to conclude the fight. After a cutscene is triggered, this boss would drop several rewards. You can get the Jewel of Yggdrasil, Healthstone, Honed metal, Bonded Leather, Stonewood, Dwarven Steel, Ragestone, and Shattered Runes as the drop from the loot.
That’s everything covered about how to beat Frost Phantom in God of War Ragnarok. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to beat Flame Phantom, Thor, Vanadis Valkyrie, and more helpful God of War Ragnarok Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.