God of War has numerous enemies and bosses which makes the game quite challenging. Ragnarok has some bosses that are even tougher to beat. While in the Summoning main quest, you will face one such boss the Flame Phantom. Since he is incredibly difficult to defeat, we recommend you check out this guide to see how to defeat Flame Phantom in God of War Ragnarok. Along with that, we will show you where this boss spawns in the game. Naturally, this is going to lead to certain spoilers and you have been warned. Having said that, let’s check out this guide and see the path to beating this boss.
How to Beat Flame Phantom in God of War Ragnarok
While you head to Surtr’s Forge during the Summoning quest, you will encounter Flame Phantom. The location of this fight is somewhere in the Muspelheim region. Although this boss fight has different sections, the way to defeat it remains the same. From all the weapons that Kratos has, we recommend the Draupnir Spear for this one. Along with that for your Spartan Rage, use either Wrath or Valor.
Now that you know the resources you need, here’s how to beat Flame Phantom in God of War Ragnarok:
- While it has an amorphous body, the only weakness that the Flame Phantom has is its purple core. You will have to fill the grey Stun Bar since the health bar won’t reduce on its own.
- Since you can throw as many spears as you like, the Draupnir Spear is perfect for maintaining distance and dealing him damage.
- This fight has to be done at mid-range since going close to him could turn out fatal for you. Once you execute your spear with a proper aim, you will defeat Flame Phantom in God of War Ragnarok.
- While his red circle attacks are quite dangerous, you can dodge them with some timing. Along with that, it is easy to parry his yellow circle attack that resembles a tail twist. He also shoots waves and you need to use the shield till all of them pass.
- Once you fill the Stun Bar, the boss will disappear and three Runic Springs in purple will show up around the battlefield. You can destroy them with your spear and the battle will resume. The health of the Flame Phantom will reduce now.
- You will have to repeat the same process and then you will defeat the Flame Phantom.
That’s all there is on how to beat Flame Phantom in God of War Ragnarok. While you are here, make sure you go through our GoW Wiki for more Ragnarok guides with Gamer Tweak.