Runes, the main currency of Elden Ring, are crucial to level up your character. When you visit a Site of Grace, you can spend the accumulated Runes and level certain stats like Vigor, Dexterity, Strength, Endurance, and more. But it isn’t entirely clear how to get and farm Runes in Elden Ring and that’s exactly what we will look at in this guide.
How to Get Runes in Elden Ring (Farming Guide)
Runes are the shattered parts of the Elden Ring, so, they are pretty important. Here are the ways to get more Runes in Elden Ring:
- Beat Normal Enemies – When you defeat normal enemies that you encounter in this game, they will drop Runes. Make sure you have the right level to take down hordes of enemies which is how you can farm them.
- Open Chests – Don’t forget to scour the world as well as explore various dungeons, catacombs, etc. for chests because they might just have Runes in them. Oh, and a good habit is to hit the chests before opening. Dark Souls players already know that even the chests can’t be trusted and can be enemies. So if you are new to the series this is a habit that will come in handy.
- Defeat Bosses – As you might expect, defeating the mighty bosses in Elden Ring will earn you lots of Runes. If you are not able to beat a boss, you can level yourself up and come back to it later – wiser and stronger.
- Sell Items – Selling items that you no longer need will net you some Runes quickly.
How to Use Runes?
- Leveling Up: You can use Runes to level up your character’s specific attributes such as Health, Stamina, etc. You need to visit a Site of Grace and interact with Melina to increase stats. It’s important to do it at the right time, especially before facing a dangerous boss, because you don’t want to lose it all.
- Upgrading Weapons & Equipment: To face tougher foes, you need better-upgraded weapons. Interact with a Blacksmith to add stat modifiers to your weapon and make it more powerful than before. Players can also use a Smithing Table for this purpose.
- Purchasing Items: You can use Runes to buy items like Spirit Ashes from Merchants who are present throughout the Lands Between. You can also sell the items you no longer need to these Merchants.
An important thing to note is that if you die, all of your Runes will be lost, but you get one chance to get them back. You have to visit the place where you died and you need to retrieve the items from there. But if you die on your way back (that is, die a second time), you will lose the Runes and the mark will no longer be there and be replaced with the location of your last death.
For more Elden Ring guides, stay with Gamer Tweak.