Hogwarts Legacy features a plethora of different types of gear and items to find or unlock. As you progress, you need to upgrade your gear to level up and face powerful enemies or bosses. You can do so by adding and applying different traits in your gear. What are traits? They are the different powerful buffs you can apply according to the rarities of your gear. But a majority of players are pretty confused about equipping or adding these traits. Not to worry, check out our guide on how to put traits on Gear in Hogwarts Legacy to find out.
How to Put Traits on Your Gear in Hogwarts Legacy (Upgrade Guide)
You can add or put traits on gear by using the Enchanted Loom at the Room of Requirement in Hogwarts Legacy. If you haven’t unlocked the conjuration yet, you will conjure or create it while progressing for the Elf, the Nab Sack, and the Loom quest. Once you have completed the quest, you can create the Enchanted Loom under the Utility Menu by selecting the Wretch Icon. It would cost you 8 Moonstones to cast the required conjuration.
But before that, also make sure that you have unlocked the Room of Requirement. You can unlock this room by completing the Flying Class quest. Now, follow the below steps to add or put the traits in your gear:
- Once you have conjured the Enchanted Loom, head closer and interact with it.
- Depending on the rarity of your gear, you can add and upgrade different traits onto them.
- There are three different trait slots and you can equip traits on your gear depending on their rarities.
So, here are all the rarities of the gear:
- Superb Gear: Trait Slot level 1 (Can add only 1 trait)
- Extraordinary Gear: Trait Slot level 2 (Can add 2 Traits)
- Legendary Gear: Trait Slot level 3 (Can add 3 Traits)
- Now, you also have to find different traits and their recipes. You can find these traits all around the map in different treasure chests.
- You can scavenge and search for them in different dungeons and Bandit Camps throughout the Wizarding World.
- Once you find the recipes, you have to complete the required tasks to obtain the required trait.
- If you find a gear with a new trait, you can discover and add them to your gear. But to use them, you have to use the Desk of Description in the Room of Requirement.
- Lastly, use the Enchanted Loom to select and put the traits on your gear.
- Note that you also need some resources to add the traits and upgrade your gear.
- You can get these crafting resources by rescuing or taming different beasts.
For the players looking to respec or customize the traits, check out our guide on if you can remove traits from gear. While you are here at it, check out our Hogwarts Legacy Wiki page to find out everything related to the game.
That’s everything covered about how to put Traits on Gear in Hogwarts Legacy. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to find and use Rowland’s Map, how to catch Rare Shiny Beasts, where to get Diricawl and their feathers, and more Hogwarts Legacy Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.