As Kratos and Atreus get on with their adventure in God of War Ragnarok, they encounter several threats. These include overpowered foes like Odin, Thor, and more Nordic Mythological characters. To have an edge over these enemies, Kratos might need some special attacks. You can use the different types of Runic Attacks. But to find or get them, you might need some additional help. So, check out our guide to find out all the Light and Heavy Runic Attack locations in God of War Ragnarok and how to get them.
All God of War Ragnarok Light & Heavy Runic Attack Locations
Unlike God of War (2018), there are two types of Runic Attacks in GoW Ragnarok. These are the Light and Heavy Runic attacks that can be used for different weapons wielded by Kratos. You can get these Runic Attacks from the Red chests or the Legendary chests found throughout the Nine Realms. You can also get them as loot dropped by the different Boss enemies. Furthermore, you can also purchase them from different shops and workshops. But regardless, finding them can save a lot of your Hacksilver.
We have divided this guide into two main criteria and they are as follows:
- Light Runic Attack Locations
- Heavy Runic Attack Locations
Disclaimer: There can be mild spoilers ahead. So, if you want to avoid them, now is the best chance to head back.
So, let’s start with the Light Runic attack locations in GoW Ragnarok first.
All Light Runic Attack Locations
For Leviathan Axe
- Hel’s Touch: You can find this Runic attack in a Legendary Chest at the Burrows region in Alfheim.
- Njord’s Tempest: Located in a Legendary chest at Svartalfheim in Althjof’s Rig.
- Skadi’s Edge: Located in a Legendary chest found in the Alfheim’s Strond region.
- Winter’s Bite: Get this Runic Attack as a loot drop for defeating the Huntress during the Surviving the Fimbulwinter story quest.
- Wrath of the Frost Ancient: Located in the Legendary Chest at Vanaheim in the Southern Wild region.
Chaos of Blades
- Cyclone of Chaos: You can find this Runic attack in a Legendary Chest at the Raider Stronghold region in Midgard.
- Flames of Anguish: You can get this Light Runic attack by defeating the Dreki boss during the Quest of Tyr story quest in God of War Ragnarok.
- Hades Retribution: This Runic Attack is located in the Temple of Light at Alfheim.
- Helios Flare: You can find this Runic Attack at the Abandoned village region in Vanaheim.
- Rampage of the Furies: Located at the Vanir Shrine in Vanaheim in a Legendary chest.
- Whisper of the World: This Runic Attack is located in the Jungle region at Vanaheim in a Legendary chest.
- Huldra Charge: It is dropped as a reward for defeating the Fierce Ogre as you progress through the Forging Destiny story quest.
- Mountain Splitter: You can get this Runic Attack for completing the Spirit of Rebellion Favor quest.
- Thrust of Thousand Soldiers: Located in a Legendary chest in Helheim during the Reunion story quest. As it is a Point of no return, you cannot head back to Helheim once you complete the quest. But you can purchase it from the Blacksmith’s shop for 2500 Hacksilver.
All Heavy Runic Attack Locations in God of War Ragnarok
- Breath of Thamur: Located at the Raven Tree in Niflheim in a legendary chest.
- Ivaldi’s Anvil: This Heavy Runic Attack is located in a Legendary chest at the Derelict Outpost region in Midgard.
- Fog of Fimbulwinter: Located in the Myrkr Tunnels at Svartalfheim in a legendary chest.
- Leviathan’s Roar: This Runic Attack is located at Freyr’s Camp in Vanaheim in a legendary chest.
- Mists of Helheim: Located at the Cliffside Ruins region in Niflheim in a legendary chest.
Blades of Chaos
- Atlas Eruption: This Runic Attack is located at the Forge in Svartalfheim in a legendary chest.
- Meteoric Slam: Located in a Legendary chest in the Raven Tree at Niflheim.
- Nemean Crush: Located at the Burrows in Alfheim in a legendary chest.
- Tartarus Rage: You can find this Runic Attack in a legendary chest at the Raider Hideout in Midgard.
- Tame the Beast: You can find this Runic attack in a legendary chest during the Reunion story quest at Helheim. But as you cannot head back to Helheim, make sure to collect it. If you missed this Runic Attack, you can purchase from the Blacksmith Shop for 5000 Hacksilver.
- Honour of the Fallen: You can find this Runic Attack located at the Plains in Vanaheim.
- The Finger of Ruin: This Heavy Runic Attack is located at the Raven Tree in Niflheim.
- Vindsvalr’s Windstorm: You can get this Runic Attack for beating the Flame Phantom Boss during the Summoning story quest.
- Artillery of the Ancients: You can get this Runic attack as a drop for defeating the Double Drekin Boss in GoW Ragnarok. You will encounter this boss during the Creatures of Prophecy story quest.
That’s everything covered about all the Light and Heavy Runic Attack locations in God of War Ragnarok. If you liked this guide, check out our more guides on the maximum level cap, how to open all Realms, how to break Cracked Ground, and more God of War Ragnarok Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.