God of War franchise is known for the many challenging monsters and bosses that Kratos faces. Ragnarok is no different in this context. While in the Quest For Tyr, you will have to face a tough enemy Dreki. This giant crocodile-like creature can get overwhelming since most people are discovering his attacks. Since players are wondering how to defeat Dreki in God of War Ragnarok, we will show you in this boss guide. Here’s everything you need to know while facing him.
How to Defeat Dreki in God of War Ragnarok (Boss Fight Tips)
You will face this enemy after entering the mining area of Svartalfheim. Sometime after entering this region, Kratos and Atreus locate a dead Dreki. While they are examining the remains, the giant Dreki will show up and you will have to fight this creature. The creature has both AoE and melee attacks that you will have to watch out for.
Having said that, here’s how to beat Dreki in God of War Ragnarok:
- While his health is still towards the higher end, he spits water as a projectile to damage you. While dodging it, throwing your axe once or twice in the beginning phase might be useful.
- Along with that, more melee attacks will be focused on you along with the Red Circle & Yellow Circle attacks. While you can still parry and block his yellow circle attacks, you will have to press X and dodge the red circle ones.
- While you are at this, don’t forget to land blows on this crocodile-like creature.
- Once you have landed sufficient damage, yellow electricity will appear around the Dreki and you will have to be more watchful now. This begins phase 2 of your fight as you look to beat Dreki.
- The first electric attack will be a charged-up AoE that will appear in a small circle around it. You can dodge this by simply pressing X and moving out of the circle of effect.
- The second AoE is a charged lightning spit that has the potential to be more difficult. Since you not only have to dodge this one but also avoid the area where it lands before it clears.
- While facing all these attacks make sure you use the opening for some heavy damage. Use the accumulated Spartan Rage by pressing L3 + R3 for some heavy damage.
- If you are timing your parry, dodges, and blocks, you will be able to defeat Dreki soon.
That’s all there is on how to defeat Dreki in God of War Ragnarok. While you are here, make sure you check out our GoW Wiki for more guides right here at Gamer Tweak.