It’s been almost a decade since Payday 2 was released and it is still going strong amongst the players. The action-packed first-shooter has a wide range of weapons and trip mines to fight against armed law during heists. While there are plenty of trip mines to cause explosions, players are specifically looking for C4. You can use them to breach locked doors, safes, and armored trucks. But how to get them? Here’s our guide on how to get the C4 in Payday 2.
How to Get a C4 in Payday 2
You can get them by unlocking the Shaped charge skill and converting the Trip mines into C4. But there are some prerequisites and steps to unlock it. They are as follows:
- You need to be at least on level 36 or above.
- You need 42 Skill points to unlock the Shaped Charge skill.
- Once you ace this skill, you can place the C4s or Shaped charge to cause explosions.
- They can be placed to unlock safes, armed trucks, doors, and gates, and inflict damage.
- Due to them being explosive, they are not suitable for completing stealth-based objectives.
How to Use a C4
- You can place a C4 onto an object and step aside. It will explode in a couple of seconds after placing it.
- Hold and press the F key to place the C4.
- Although the basic skill adds only three C4, an Aced skill can add six C4 explosives to your inventory.
- Further ahead, you can also apply more skills with the C4. Here are all the skills that can be applied with the shaped charge:
- Unlocking the Technician
- Demolition Man
- Combat Engineer
- Hardware Expert
- Tactical Mines
- Jack of All Trades
That’s everything covered about how to get a C4 in Payday 2. If you liked this guide, check out our guide on how to get the Jacket Character pack in Payday 2 right here on Gamer Tweak.