Back 4 Blood players are in desperate of need a fix thanks to the Fatal Error Line 258 issue appearing. Your reason for worry can be put to rest now since we’ll be walking through a fix in this guide. Follow the steps to the end in order to resolve the Fatal Error line 258 error in Back 4 Blood.
Back 4 Blood Fatal Error Line 258 File Unknown Fix
Consider using DirectX11 to run Back 4 Blood to solve the Line 258 Fatal Error while ensuring you’re on a 64-bit Windows 10 System. The cause of this error is mainly an irregularity with parsing the graphical files of B4B. Here are a few other fixes you can consider for the same in B4B.
- Update your graphic drivers to run B4B.
- You can do this by heading to the website of Nvidia, AMD or whichever manufacturer website your driver belongs to.
- Furthermore, update your system with all the latest updates available to download for Windows 10 64-bit.
- We reiterate once more that Back 4 Blood will land errors on systems running on anything other than the 64-bit Windows 10 OS.
- Moreover, if the error still appears, it’s probably because of your system’s DirectX 12 utility.
- Here’s how you can correct this.
- Launch Steam.
- Locate Back 4 Blood and right-click it.
- Select Properties > Type -dx11.
- Apply the changes.
- This will ensure the game runs on DirectX 11 which should solve this error.
- While on Steam, also verify the integrity of the game files.
- Bear in mind that this error arises due to graphical post-processing inaccuracies or irregularities.
- You can tweak out video graphics and other stuff to ensure the game works optimally as per your system’s capabilities.
- If you’re stuck and have hit a dead-end, consider tweeting out your problem with a screenshot to the developers on Twitter.
- Their official account is @back4blood.
That’s pretty much all you can do to fix the File Unknown Fatal Error in B4B. We hope this guide resolved the error and your game is working smoothly. Once you’re back in-game, check out this guide that ranks the best and worst weapons in Back 4 Blood. If you’re an avid gamer, chances are you play a ton of games. You will at some point in time come across similar in other games as well. We’ve already posted a ton of guides for similar errors in games like Humankind, Star Wars 2 Battlefront, FIFA 22, Madden NFL 22, Fallout 4, NBA 2k22, Diablo 2 Resurrected, COD Warzone, and New World among others.