Humankind has been experiencing crashes of late and is in need of a fix. Follow this guide to fix the crash and put an end to your frustration. The steps below will ensure you can play Humankind hassle-free and run a smooth empire! For those of you that find the first few steps already completed, be sure to try out all the steps until the end.
How to Fix Humankind Crashing Issues
Follow these steps to prevent Humankind from crashing. In order to ensure your game finds a perfect fix, remember to follow the steps all the way to the end. That way in the scenario one fix doesn’t work – another one will.
Update your Drivers to fix Humankind Crashing
Make sure all your game drivers are up to date. This includes your graphics drivers. Head to the official website of your graphic card manufacturer as well as the system’s graphic driver website and download the latest version from there. Once you’ve installed the update, ensure you restart your system.
Ensure your System is running the latest Updates
Windows often provides updates for stability, bugs and security among other reasons. So it’s possible you aren’t running the latest version and that’s what’s stopping your game from running.
Uninstall Some Softwares
Some of the following sound-related softwares enhance your audio in-game. However, they also could be the reason your game crashes. So if you’re using one of these, be sure to uninstall them – Razer Chroma, Sonic Suite, Sonic Sound 2, Synapse, Nahimic.
You can furthermore make Humankind run by enforcing an admin run permission. You can do this by following the steps below:
- In the “\Program Files\Steam\” folder, locate the “steam.exe” file and right-click on it.
- Click on the “Properties” option and head to the tab named “Compatibility“.
- Check the box where “Run this program as an administrator” is mentioned.
- Additionally, repeat these steps for the Humankind file as well.
Update System Files and Runtime Components
On the rare occasion that you still don’t find a fix, consider following the steps below:
- Launch Steam and head to your library.
- Open up the following path on your PC- “\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DotNet\4.5.2“.
- Locate the “NDP452-KB2901907-x86-x64-AllOS-ENU.exe” file and execute it.
- Now restart your PC and then proceed to update your runtime components.
- You do this by opening up the “\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\vcredist” folder.
- Now you have to execute the undermentioned files in succession, i.e one followed by the other.
- Once this is complete, the final step is to update your API driver.
- You can do this by going to the “\Steam\steamapps\common\Steamworks Shared\_CommonRedist\DirectX” folder.
- Find the “dxsetup.exe” file and execute it.
- In order to get the settings running, restart your PC again.
If you were part of the closed beta and open development, Ensure you uninstall and create a new account. The accounts you used were explicitly for the beta and development phase of the game and you now need to create a new account. Alternatively, you can head to the drive where the game is installed, and delete that folder (Users>yourname>documents>humankind\)
Change your API
It’s possible that your API which most probably is DirectX is the reason your game crashes. Consider switching your API from DirectX to Vulcan. The game will work on vulcan as well. you’ll need to follow a few steps for this.
- Launch Steam and head to your library.
- Locate Humankind and Right-click on “properties”.
- Now head to the “General” tab and hit “Launch Options”.
- A box will now appear, in the space available type–force-vulkan.
- Close steam, restart your pc and launch Humankind.
Ensure the Game’s File Integrity is Verified to fix Humankind Crashing Issues
Whether you downloaded the game from epic or from steam, the game cache as well as the game files need to have their file integrity verified.
- Launch Steam and locate “Humankind” after clicking on the library tab
- Right click and select properties.
- In the local file tabs, click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files/Game Cache”
- Launch Epic and open your library
- locate Humankind and click on the three dots on the side
- Click “Verify”
- These steps will ensure your game files are verified and any discrepancies between the files are resolved.
In addition to maybe a few system-to-system dependencies, that’s pretty much everything there is to fix the crashes in Humankind. We hope you liked this guide and it was of help to you. If you wish to know more about Humankind, here’s a guide on how to change State Religion in Humankind.