Fifa 22 has been encountering a controller not working error and this issue on PC needs an immediate fix. This game, like much of the previous versions, is preferably played on a controller as compared to the keyboard. This particular error, however, has caused a lot of problems for PC gamers given the controller errors. There’s little to worry about though since we’ve found a fix. In this guide, you’ll learn how to fix your controller not working issues in Fifa 22.
How to Fix Controller Not Working issue in FIFA 22
To fix the controller not working issue in FIFA 22, all you need to do is reconfigure the settings and get the controller re-registered with your system. Here’s more on how to solve your controller not working issues in FIFA 22.
Updating Your Controller Drivers
- Hover over the Windows start button and right-click on it.
- From the options select “Device Manager”
- Locate your controller on this list.
- Remove this from the recognized devices list.
- Right-click and select the uninstall option on the controller.
- Now with your device still plugged in, restart your system.
- If there are any issues now, the drivers should automatically resolve them.
- If your controller issues in FIFA 22 persist, consider referring to the alternative fixes below.
Diagnose Port Detection for Controllers
Check to see if your controllers are plugged in correctly and moreover ensure your ports are functioning correctly. You can check this by inserting a usb in the port and seeing if it’s detected. If not, it’s your port that has a problem. However, if your port is working and your usb controller isn’t getting detected, here’s a step to check and make sure about the same.
- Hold the Windows Start button
- Now locate the Control Panel.
- From here, select the Hardware and Sound option.
- Further, click the “View Devices and Printers”.
- From the devices, check to see if your controller is detected.
- If it’s detected, just re-insert it and restart your system.
- Now re-launch your game.
- Your controller issues should halt now, however, if they don’t- follow the alternative fixes mentioned below.
Launch FIFA 22 With Steam
Origin doesn’t detect PS4 and Xbox controllers for FIFA 22. To put this to bed, simply launch your game from Steam. Steam has dedicated drivers for PS4 and Xbox controllers for games like FIFA 22. Here’s the complete step-by-step guide on how to launch FIFA 22 with Steam.
- Launch Steam and head to the Steam Library.
- Locate the “Add Game” option at the bottom and proceed to click on “Add a Non Steam Game”.
- You’ll now get a list of games, from which you need to tick the FIFA 22 option.
- Hit the “Add Selected Programs” option which will add FIFA 22 to your Steam Library.
- Furthermore, locate the Big Picture icon at the top right of the screen.
- In the Big Picture Mode options, select “Settings” then “Controller Settings”
- Here’s where you’ll see the dedicated driver support for controllers.
- Tick both Xbox Configuration Support as well as PlayStation Configuration Support boxes.
- You’ll now have to link your Controller to the drivers.
- You can do this by selecting your controller and clicking “Identify”.
- Your controller should confirm this by vibrating.
- Once done, head to your Library and select FIFA 22.
- On this screen, locate and click the “Manage Shortcuts” option.
- Now click on Controller options.
- You have to untick both the options here.
- Furthermore, click on the “Steam Input per-game Setting”
- Now hit “When Forced On” and select OK.
- Launch FIFA from Steam.
- Your controller should work now.
- If your controller still shows issues, consider using alternative third-party apps that do the same thing that the Steam controller drivers do.
List of Third-Party Apps With Configuration Driver Setups for Controllers
The undermentioned apps emulate or configure your controller as per the requirement to get it to run so that you can play FIFA 22.
We hope this guide was of assistance to you. Here’s a guide to help you in case you’re facing an error regarding Homegrown Talent in FIFA 22.