COD players are in need of a fix for the recurring 2fa not working error that keeps them from being able to play a game. The bug keeps the players from registering the two-step authentication despite all previous requirements being fulfilled. If you’re facing the same error, you need not worry- mentioned below is a list of fixes we’ve crafted to ensure the 2fa not working error in COD doesn’t annoy you anymore.
How to Fix 2 Factor Authentication Code Not Working Error in COD Warzone or Modern Warfare
To fix the 2FA error on Call Of Duty, all you need to do is follow the steps below. This two-factor authentication exists in order to provide an additional layer of safety and security to player accounts in-game. Furthermore, this ensures other undesired occurrences don’t transpire to affect accounts or even the game at large. Here’s how you can solve the two-factor authentication code not working error:
- Firstly, Log out of the game.
- Next, head to the official website of Activision.
- Now enter your credentials and log in with your Activision account.
- Once you log in, head to the two-factor authentication page on Activision’s website.
- Here, click on the two-factor authentication option.
- In order to verify your identity, you may have to enter your Activision ID and password once more.
- You will now be asked to install the Google Authenticator App on your phone.
- A link will appear for the same, all you need to do is click on it.
- Launch the app, and locate the Plus icon on the top left corner of the Google Authenticator App and click it.
- Now head to the COD login page and log in using your credentials.
- Once you log in, a Qr code will appear on the two-factor authentication page on the Call Of Duty 2FA page which you need to scan.
- Once you scan it, a code will appear on your google authenticator app which you’ll need to input on COD’s 2FA page.
- You should be able to log in now without the error appearing.
- If the error still persists, consider resetting your password and repeating the steps from step 2.
- You can also choose to contact Activision support, select the COD game that’s giving you the 2FA error and get help from the pre-defined options or further describe your problem for a solution.
We hope this guide was of assistance to you. If you like playing COD, here’s how you can download and play COD Vanguard Beta!