If you are a Call of Duty (COD) fan, you’re probably waiting with bated breath to get your hands on the beta version of Vanguard, the game’s new edition. While there was a PS4-exclusive beta in the past, the upcoming version promises much deeper insight into what is to come. In this article, we will show you how you can download and play it.
How to Get & Play Call of Duty: Vanguard Beta?
To download the Call of Duty: Vanguard beta, you will need to head to the official Vanguard website. Once you are here, you will be able to find the Beta page option for the game on the top left of the site. Alternatively, you can also head to your platform’s respective store to download the beta.
In order to get early access to this beta, you will need to pre-order the game. Doing so will allow you to play the beta version much earlier than the rest. The open beta will be released to players a few days later. Another thing you need to keep in mind is that this beta will first be available in both the Early Access as well as Open Beta formats exclusively to PS5 and PS4 players. This will be followed by the release of the Early Access & Open Beta formats to Xbox and PC players. Check out the dates for each of these platforms below:
|PlayStation 4 & 5||September 10 – 13||Early Access (Pre-Order Required)||PS4 – 9GB, PS5 – 11GB|
|PlayStation 4 & 5||September 16 – 20||Open Beta (Free)||PS4 – 9GB, PS5 – 11GB|
|Xbox One, X/S, and PC||September 16 – 17||Early Access (Pre-Order Required)||TBA|
|Xbox One, X/S, and PC||September 18 – 20||Open Beta (Free)||TBA|
You will be able to play the PC version of the COD: Vanguard beta exclusively via Battle.Net
What Content is Available in the Vanguard Beta?
There’s plenty of exciting content to keep you hooked until the full version of COD: Vanguard releases. Let’s check out all of the maps, modes, weapons, and operators available in this version of the game!
- Hotel Royal
- Red Star
- Champion Hill
- Eagle’s Nest (This map will be available in the second week of the beta)
- Search and Destroy (This mode will be available in the second week of the beta)
- Kill Confirmed
- Champion Hill (Solos, Duos, Trios)
- Team Deathmatch
- Patrol (This mode will be available on the Saturday of Weekend 1)
As you may have seen in this list, there is going to be a new mode in Vanguard called Patrol. This mode will be focused primarily on completing objectives. It will feature a scoring zone that is almost completely in motion. As a result, you will need to keep moving around the map in order to get points.
In addition to this new mode, you will receive other modes that you will be familiar with if you have played the previous iterations of Call of Duty.
- Champion Hill – In Champion Hill, the weapons will be constantly present right throughout the matches. For each weapon you use, you will find 10 upgrades. Each of these upgrades will add one attachment. To add to these, you will also find three different rotating weapon sets. These sets will feature 2 LMGs, 2 snipers, 2 pistols, 2 shotguns, and 2 ARs.
- Core MP – You will have the ability to increase the level of your weapons up to 30 for the Core MP. PlayStation users will be happy to know that they will receive an additional 2 custom loadout slots, while other players will receive only 10. This means PS players will now have a total of 12 slots.
- Wade Jackson
- Arthur Kingsley
- Daniel Take Yatsu
- Lucas Riggs
- Polina Petrova
- Roland Zeimet
What Rewards are Available in COD: Vanguard Beta?
If you reach level 20 of the Beta edition, you will be rewarded with the Rat-A-Tat weapon blueprint.
You can use this blueprint for both Vanguard as well as Warzone. Additionally, if you play Call of Duty: Mobile, you can also win Arthur Kingsley, one of the operators in the game.
This brings us to the end of our guide on how to download the Call of Duty: Vanguard beta. While you can pay to get early access to the game, you can also get it for free as long as you are ready to wait for a few days.
Until you wait excitedly for COD: Vanguard to drop, check out its system requirements.