Many Splatoon 3 players are looking for a fix for “A Communication Error Has Occurred”. While this game does have a story mode a very good portion of it relies on online. We have modes like Turf War, Anarchy battles, and Salmon run. But you won’t be able to enjoy any of them if you get this error. So in this guide let us check how to fix the A Communication error has occurred in Splatoon 3.
How to Fix A Communication Error Has Occurred in Splatoon 3
These fixes will help you resolve the communication error in this game.
- Check Server Status: Before you try anything else you should check the server conditions of Splatoon 3. You can do that by checking the server status on the Nintendo Network status page. Here you can find out about the status of the online services. And can also learn about any ongoing maintenance or schedule for future maintenance.
- Test your connection: If you find that the Nintendo servers are fine and there is no issue with Splatoon 3. You should check if there are any problems with your internet. You can easily do that by running a speed test on any websites that let you check your internet speed. And if your internet isn’t working properly then you should refresh it. Refreshing your internet can make your internet stable and resolve the communication error has occurred for Splatoon 3.
- For Wired Connection: Plug out the Ethernet cable from your Nintendo Switch. Wait for a couple of seconds then plug it back in.
- For Wireless Connection: To refresh your wireless connection simply restart your router. Once it starts connect your Switch and try playing Splatoon 3.
- Check your Nintendo Online Subscription: In order to play online games on your Switch, you need to have a Nintendo Online subscription. So while you may have its subscription there is a possibility it might have expired. If it has, then renew your subscription and try playing Splatoon 3 again after it renews.
- Restart Splatoon 3: Close Splatoon 3 on your Switch or Switch Lite. Start it again, and check if you still get the error. You can also restart your Switch and try playing the game to help fix it.
- Reinstall Splatoon 3: In some cases reinstalling the game can help resolve the issue. So remove Splatoon 3 from your Switch then install it again.
That covers this guide on how to fix the A Communication error has occurred in Splatoon 3. If you enjoy playing this game and are interested in learning more about it then check our guides on how to do a dodge roll, get a school uniform, and change between Inkling & Octoling.