While there are a plethora of hidden locations to discover in Elden Ring, there are a few locations that are unlocked upon completing quests or an entire questline. Chelona’s rise is an uphill tower located at the Liurnia of Lakes. This location is unlocked upon proceeding through Ranni’s questline and defeating Astel, Natural Born of the Void in Grand Cloister. But like most of the field towers, its entrance is sealed and locked with magic. So, here’s our guide on how to get to Chelona’s Rise in Elden Ring.
How to Get to Chelona’s Rise in Elden Ring
Chelona’s Rise is located in the Moonlight Altar, south of the Ringleader Evergaol. You can find this location in the extreme southwestern region of Liurnia. As you examine the glowing book right outside the gate, it will prompt with a message “Seek three great wise beasts“. But these beasts are a spectral form of three giant turtles spawned and scattered around the location. You need to find them and defeat them to get inside the Chelona’s Rise. Scroll till the end to find out the locations of these wise turtles.
Chelona’s Rise Turtles Location
- You will find the first turtle to the west of the tower hanging from the cliff. One or two strikes can cause the giant turtle to fall down the cliff.
- To encounter the second giant turtle, head in a southeast direction. As you reach the edge of the cliff, you can notice it from a distance on the plateau.
- If you are unable to see it down the cliff, it might be because of its spectral form.
- Although you can skip this wise turtle and head to the last one, make sure to throw an incantation or sorcery spell in that direction.
- To avoid this, don’t rest at any Site of Grace and make sure to move east from the Altar South, site of Grace.
- For the last one, you need to jump using a Sprintspring.
- Head over in a southeast direction from the Ring Leader Evergaol. Keep on advancing on your horseback until you see a Sprintspring.
- You will see the last wise turtle floating mid-air. You need to double jump with the torrent horse and attack or throw a spell.
- If you don’t see the third turtle, double jump anyway.
- Once you have encountered and defeated all the three wise beasts, head back to the Altar South site of Grace.
- With the magic barrier unsealed, you can enter Chelona’s Rise and explore the tower.
- Upon heading inside, go to the top of the tower using the escalator. Then, climb the stairs to get to a room on the top-most floor.
- You will find Ranni’s Dark Moon sorcery spell in a treasure chest at the top room of the tower.
That’s all on how to get to Chelona’s Rise in Elden Ring. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on where to find the Eternal Darkness spell, what to do in Gelmir’s Hero’s grave, and how to reduce casting time in Elden Ring right here on Gamer Tweak.