If you are playing as a mage, you may face a major issue and that’s a long casting time. Nothing is worse than starting to cast a spell, but the enemy is just too fast in comparison, leading to the instant death of your character. In a game like this one, where even the slightest delay in action can lead to a big loss, you might wonder – how to reduce spell casting time in Elden Ring? There are two things you should know about.
How to Reduce Casting Time in Elden Ring?
Players can reduce casting time in Elden Ring by:
- Increasing the Dexterity stat.
- Using the Radagon Icon talisman.
What is the Dexterity Stat?
Stats are the qualities that your characters can have which will affect how they react to various situations. For example, Dex helps you increase the attack power of dexterity-scaling weapons, reduces fall damage, makes it tougher for you to fall off your horse and also, reduce the casting time of spells. Note that the difference won’t be a big one, but if a few extra moments of casting time and turn the fight in your favor, it could be worth putting Runes into.
How to Increase Dexterity in Elden Ring?
Players can spend Runes to level up Dexterity. Apart from that, there are a few Dex increasing items as well (Thanks to Fextralife for this information.)
- Prosthesis-Wearer Heirloom – Increases Dex by 5
- Millicent’s Prosthesis – Increases Dex by 5
- Radagon’s Scarseal – Increases Dex by 3
- Radagon’s Soreseal – Increases Dex by 5
- Consort’s Mask – Increases Dex by 1
- Okina Mask – Increases Dex by 3
- Dexterity-knot Crystal Tear – Increases Dex by 10 while in effect
- Godrick’s Great Rune – Increases Dex by 5 while in effect
Radagon Icon Talisman
The Radagon Icon Talisman will shorten your spell casting time and is a legendary one at that.
Where to Find Radagon Icon Talisman? (Location Guide)
- First, head to the Debate Parlor site of grace in Raya Lucaria Academy.
- Move out via the tall iron gates and turn right immediately.
- Jump over the fence and go down, walk ahead, and climb the ladder that will be right in front of you.
- Keep walking ahead and look right – there should be a broken window. Jump inside.
- Climb up the wooden staircase and you will find the treasure chest which contains the Radagon Icon Talisman.
Once you have the talisman, test out the difference in casting time. If you feel like it makes an impact, go ahead and add it to your talisman pouch. This Talisman will work for incantations as well as sorceries. But as mentioned by Fextralife, it does not increase the speed of Scarlet Aeonia.
That’s everything about how to reduce spell casting time in Elden Ring, especially with the Radagon Icon Talisman. For more related to Elden Ring, be sure to explore Gamer Tweak.