In Elden Ring, you can beat Astel Naturalborn of the Void and Astel Stars of Darkness. These are two different optional bosses. In terms of design and moves they are the same but what separates them is their drops and how you can get to them. These present players with a decent amount of challenge so they are definitely worth fighting especially for their drops. So let us check how to defeat Astel Naturalborn of the Void and Astel Stars of Darkness in Elden Ring, also learn their cheese method.
How to Defeat Astel in Elden Ring
You can beat Astel Naturalborn of the Void and Astel Stars of Darkness by hitting them in the head. As mentioned before, these are two different bosses in the game, you can find Astel Naturalborn of the Void at the Lake of Rot. As for Astel Stars of Darkness, you can find him at the end of Yelough Anix Tunnel. Luckily, both of these bosses share the same moves. So if you can beat one, you shouldn’t have trouble eliminating the other. Now let us check their moves in both phases.
- Purple laser beams: When you start the fight it will charge up a beam of laser and launch it at you. You can easily dodge it by rolling to either side. The best time to roll is just when his charge is complete.
- Tailwhip: Astel will lash its tail at you in an attempt to swat or stomp you with it. This is a pretty easy move to dodge by rolling to either side. Alternatively, you won’t even have to dodge it if you are close to Astel as this move does damage at medium to far range.
- Arc of Orbs: It will produce an orb in its arm and swipe at you leaving behind an arc of orbs. All of these orbs that are left behind will explode after a few seconds.
- Teleport attack: If you are too close to Astel then you might take damage when it goes into its teleport. Basically, it will shrink itself in a purple void and teleport. Now there are two moves that it can do from here that we will get to. But, a good thing is you can see where it will spawn. Look for a set of stars, it should help you predict where it will spawn next.
- Teleport away: It will teleport away and create distance between you and it. Next, it will start doing purple laser beam attacks.
- Fly up: After teleporting it will fly up and try to grab you.
- Pincer bites: It will try to bite you multiple times using its pincers. You can roll to dodge this attack or you can also block it.
- Charged Pincer bite: It will charge its pincers before attacking you, you can see purple lightning form around them. Once the charge is complete it will bite you once, this attack will deal a lot of damage.
- Orbs Stomp: This is another dangerous attack. You can see it collect multiple orbs in its hand, around three or four orbs. Next, it will stomp these orbs on the ground. This will release three blasts of rings from the ground you can dodge them by rolling. You can also try jumping to dodge them.
- Electric smack: This name isn’t exactly spot on but rather it describes how its attack plays out. It will put both its hands on the ground and charge it. This will cause winds to rise from the ground along with some purple electric charges. If you are in the range of the attack then you will get launched to the air as well. Next, it will smack you down. This attack deals a lot of damage and can even one-shot you. The best way to dodge this attack is to start running or rolling away from it. The biggest problem here is, this attack covers a lot of range, so you will have to be very quick to spot this attack in order to run away from it.
Once you bring half its health down you will see it teleport away to do its next attack. After 50% of its HP is gone, phase 2 will begin.
- Meteor Strike: It will clad its hand in some black mist and raise it to the sky. It will lighten the sky and cause many meteors to spawn, these will start to come crashing on you. You can dodge this attack by running to either side. Just don’t change the side mid-run or attempt to do a roll as you can get caught in the attack.
Other than the above attack he will use most of his moves from phase 1.
General tips to Beat Astel in Elden Ring
- His attacks are slow but deal a lot of damage. So it is best if you learn all its moves in your initial tries and then start chipping its health away.
- You can also attack it at its limbs. While this is kind of counterproductive but if you feel its limbs are easier to attack then go for it. Although it is still recommended you focus all your attacks on its head.
- Try staying close to it during the whole fight. Most of his attacks have a huge range and these ranged attacks also deal massive damage if you get caught by them. The major melee attacks you will need to look out for are, fly & grab and Electric smack.
How to Cheese Astel in Elden Ring
Not saying mages have it easy in Elden Ring, but you can quite easily defeat Astel if you are of that class. You can cheese Astel Naturalborn of the Void and Astel Stars of Darkness by spamming the Rock Sling Sorcery at it. That is all there is to this cheese method. Maintain a medium distance from it so that it doesn’t use ranged attacks. Lock its head as your target while spamming this sorcery and this fight will finish in no time. Thanks to Corey Lucas on YouTube for sharing this cheese method. In case you need a little extra help with the cheese you can check their video below.
That sums up this guide on how to beat Astel Naturalborn of the Void and Stars of Darkness in Elden Ring & how to cheese them. In case you skipped some other optional bosses then check our guides on how to beat Flying Dragon Agheel, Crucible Knight, and Mad Tongue Alberich.