Beating the Flying Dragon Agheel in Elden Ring might be optional but definitely grants you bragging right. Also, who doesn’t want to slay a dragon? But slaying this dragon will take time and effort and won’t be easy. This dragon is sure to give you a run for what it’s worth. But once you learn its moves, the task might not feel as Herculean as it does in the beginning. So in this guide let us take a look at how to defeat the Flying Dragon Agheel in Elden Ring, also learn how to cheese it.
How to Defeat Flying Dragon Agheel In Elden Ring
You can beat the Flying Dragon Agheel in Elden Ring by attacking him on his legs. This trick works really well for melee characters. As for ranged characters, you can defeat him by casting spells or shooting arrows/bolts from a medium range. While this sounds easy there are some moves that you should be aware of during this fight. No matter whether you fight it melee, or ranged, being on your horse the whole time is a must. Not saying you can’t do it without your horse. But the fight will become even more difficult than it already is. This fight only has one phase. Below are all the moves it uses in the fight.
- Foot Stomp: The dragon will lift either of its foot and stomp it on the ground.
- Tail-whip: It will move ahead and whip its tail behind.
- Ground Stomp: The Dragon will take a short flight and stomp the ground with both its legs.
- Bite: As the name suggests it will turn around and try to bite you.
All of these moves have the same way to dodge, that is by running after getting a few hits. The above-mentioned attacks are fast so there is very little reaction time you will get. So the best thing to do is start running by the time it prepares its next attack.
An important note here is its fire attacks are very strong. There is a small chance of you surviving its melee hits. But if you get in contact with the fire it will be instant death.
- Flamethrower: It will launch a large column of flame in front of it that covers a good distance. The only way to dodge it is to run as far away as possible to get out of its range.
- Arc of Flame: It launches flames in an arc. You can either run back on the opposite side or run towards the dragon and get underneath it to attack.
- Flying Flame: Sorry for the bad name, but as it suggests, it will fly up in the air. And start chasing you while launching flames from above.
Tips to Beat Flying Dragon Agheel in Elden Ring
These tips are more useful for melee players as compared to ranged characters.
- Attack twice or thrice then run. This is a very important tip as getting greedy with attacks is tempting but this dragon can very easily one-shot you. So this will be more of a battle of patience. You will have to run away more often than attack. This will pay off eventually, there is no point in an extra attack if it comes at the cost of you dying and having to start the fight from the beginning.
- Look for how it moves and learn its attack pattern. This will take some practice but you will be able to predict its moves. Thus allowing you to decide if you should run towards it for attacking or run away from it for dodging.
How to Cheese Flying Dragon Agheel in Elden Ring
No offense to the Astrologer and Prophet players in this game, but this fight should be a walk in the park for you. The simple reason for it is you can cheese it by casting spells from a safe distance. If you are already far from the dragon, then you are quite ready for whatever next move is to come. Just keep spamming your spells while riding your horse as fast as possible.
That sums up this guide on how to beat the Flying Dragon Agheel in Elden Ring and how to cheese it. You can also check our other guides on how to beat the Mad Tongue Alberich, Tree Sentinel, and the Crucible Knight.