Mad Tongue Alberich is an invader in Elden Ring that you can quite easily beat. You can find him at the Roundtable hold. If you are looking for a bone-chilling fight then this fight is for you. Simply because his attacks deal ice damage. But it will be foolhardy to underestimate him as some of his moves can be quite annoying. So in this guide let us take a look at how to defeat Mad Tongue Alberich in Elden Ring, also learn how to cheese him.
How to Defeat Mad Tongue Alberich in Elden Ring
You can beat Mad Tongue Alberich by attacking him from the side when he tries to cast spells. Alberich is somewhat of an easy foe and there are only a few moves that you need to look out for. Even as a melee character you shouldn’t face many difficulties when trying to beat it. While he might be relatively easier than some other bosses his moves still comprise of both melee and magic attacks. There is only one phase of this fight.
- Scythe slashes: Probably the most dangerous attack in his arsenal. Mad Tongue Alberich swings around and tries to slash you twice using his scythe. If you get hit by this attack it will build a bleed and frost damage meter. You will also take a hit to your HP. Try avoiding this attack at all costs.
Two of his magic attacks do ice damage and the other does AoE damage.
- Ice Projectiles: He will launch volleys of ice towards you. These attacks are pretty slow and you can easily dodge them by moving to the side. You don’t even need to roll to dodge them. Although, if you do get hit by one it will cost you a good amount of health. It will also build up your ice meter. In case you have a freeze/ice-resistant shield then you can also use it to block these attacks.
- Ice mist: He will launch ice mists towards you. These can be easily dodged by simply rolling back.
- Bleed damage branches: He will summon a ring of branches around him that deals bleed damage. You can recognize this attack when he raises both his arms to prepare for it. This is also an easy attack to dodge, mainly for two reasons, the first is it is very slow. And the second reason is this attack has a very small range.
General Tips to Beat Mad Tongue Alberich in Elden Ring
- The first and most important thing to do is attack him while he spawns. You can easily do a backstab if you like or any other attack. This will chip away some of his health.
- Try attacking him while he casts spells, also avoid fighting him in close combat. Especially stay away from his scythe.
- Mad Tongue Alberich will restore its health when his HP gets halved. While this isn’t really a tip it is information that can come in handy.
How to Cheese Mad Tongue Alberich in Elden Ring
Astrologers and Prophets have a slight advantage in this fight. It is magical how easily you can defeat him just by using some spells. Lame puns aside, here is how to cheese him. Simply cast spells from a medium range. He is fast so don’t go too far behind, as he will simply roll and dodge your attacks. And if you are too close then you are at the risk of getting hit by his scythe. Just keep a medium-range and try to attack him in between his attacks or when he prepares his attacks. In case you don’t have magic then arrows and bolts are also good to fight him from a range.
That sums up this guide on how to beat Mad Tongue Alberich in Elden Ring, and how to cheese him. You should also check our other guides on how to beat the Tree Sentinel, Godrick the Grafted, Starscourge Radahn, and Crucible Knight. And for other guides on this game check out our Elden Ring section.