Starscourge or General Radahn is another major boss in Elden Ring that many players are looking to beat. This is quite an interesting boss as it allows you to summon many NPCs. You know a boss is strong when it lets you have an advantage in a fight. And this is no light thing as he has a ton of moves in his arsenal. So without further ado, let us quickly check how to defeat Starscourge Radahn in Elden Ring.
How to Defeat the Starscourge Radahn in Elden Ring
This boss fight has two phases. Remember the names I use below are just to describe the moves and are not the official game names. Also, remember unlike most fights here you get will find many golden summon signs on the ground. So if you want to help ease the fight a little bit then you can use these summons.
Beat the Phase 1 of Starscourge Radahn Elden Ring
The first phase starts with him shooting purple arrows at you. These will have a slight electric animation around them and are quite fast. So it is best if you use your stead Torrent to dodge them. Try to circle around instead of running straight to him. Once you cover a certain distance he will launch two types of volleys of large arrows. One follows you from behind and the other one he can launch directly at you. Keep running and get close to him. Once close enough he will start using the following moves.
- Two Sword slash: He will smack both his swords on the ground and do a slash to the side.
- Stomp attack: He will try to stomp on you.
- Dash and Slash: Just like you, the Tarnished, Radahn too have access to a horse. He will slash you while riding it.
- Spin slash: He will slash using both his swords while spinning.
- Swords charge smash: Radahn will bang his swords, you can recognize this attack by an electric effect. Next, he will headbang on the ground while also slamming both his swords. This attack covers a lot of area. So be sure to roll underneath his legs to attack him on his back. Or run away from him to dodge this attack.
- Five slash combo: You can recognize this attack by him raising his swords towards his right. He will slash twice on the left, then one on the right, followed by two more backslashes on the left. Finally, he will finish the attack with a spin slash using both his blades.
Remember all the above attacks are quite fast so you will need to dodge them most of the time. You get your dodges practiced, start attacking by closing the distance between you and him. Once you bring his health down to half or near half you will see him jump to the sky. This is your cue for the second phase.
How to Defeat General Radahn in his Phase 2
The second phase will start with a bang. Sorry for the pun but that is quite literally the start of phase 2. Pay attention to the Sky cause Starscourge Radahn turns into a fireball and comes crash landing towards you. If you are a Sekiro player, this is a treat as you can relate it to the Nightjar’s attack on Ashina Castle. Well before I digress to Genichiro’s fight let’s get back to Starscourge Radahn.
- 7 Projectile Attack: Radahn will create distance between you and him and go back. He will raise both his swords while charging them and smack them to the ground. This will bring up seven meteors that are somewhat homing. He will launch them all towards you. These will come all at the same time straight crashing into you. So it is best if you dodge them, blocking them will most likely result in death. Also, look out for his follow-up attack as he will jump towards you and smash both his swords to the ground.
- 4 Projectile Attack: Radahn will charge up his blades and summon for meteors. He may not use them immediately, so if you are willing to risk it, you can gamble the chance of attacking him while he still has them floating. He will again create a distance between you and him and then launch these projectiles. But unlike before he will launch them two at a time. You can dodge both of these attacks by rolling/dodging to the side. Or else dodging the first one and blocking the second attack. But I still don’t recommend blocking his projectile attacks.
- Shockwave attack: He will have both his swords charged and will smack them to the ground. This will send a shockwave towards the player that covers a large area. The best way to dodge this attack is to get as far away from it as possible.
Other than the above-mentioned attacks, he will also be using his phase 1 attacks. Just this time these attacks will have charged swords.
While the above moves might come in handy for melee attackers. If you are someone that uses ranged attacks then you should also learn these moves. In fact, if you are a ranged character then you should have an advantage here thanks to the vast desert.
General Tips to Defeat Starscourge Radahn in Elden Ring
- The best-recommended weapon for this fight is the Reduvia dagger (with blood blade), Claymore, or Battle Axe.
- Your character level should be at least 30 or anything above it.
- The best shields you can use are the Great turtle shell or Hawk crest wooden shields. Although it is better if you avoid using shields and focus more on dodging the attacks as much as possible.
- Most of his attacks in both phases are very fast so don’t hesitate to run or use your horse to dodge them.
That sums up everything you should know about how to beat Starscourge Radahn in Elden Ring. You should also check our other boss guides on how to beat Godrick the Grafted and how to beat the tree sentinel. Also for more things on this game check out our Elden Ring section.