As Kratos and Atreus journey their way across the Nine Realms, they encounter several threats. These include the overpowered Nordic mythological characters and the beasts they face while progressing. Wights are a type of Primordial beings or beasts that are created by combining three Wisps into one in GoW Ragnarok. Defeating the Wights can result in splitting them into different Wisps. But how to defeat these Beasts fully? Check out our guide on how to beat the Wights in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Beat the Wights in God of War Ragnarok
The Wights are the beasts or enemies that can levitate to get the higher ground. You encounter them several times in GoW Ragnarok as you progress through the Story Quests. You will face them for the first time while playing Atreus during the Runaway Quest. Being an Archer, Atreus can use several ranged attacks. But these Beasts can deflect all sorts of Runic Attacks. So, it can be a bit of a hassle to cause severe damage to them. Nevertheless, they are much easier to defeat as compared to other greater enemies or Beasts that you will encounter later.
So, here’s how to defeat the Wights in God of War Ragnarok:
- As mentioned earlier, these Beasts can deflect Runic attacks as well as Runic Arrows.
- So, when you encounter them for the first time as Atreus, use the Normal or Basic Arrows to damage them. You can hit the R1 button to use Basic Arrows.
- As Wights can fly across the place, they can close the distance quite easily.
- You need to make sure to maintain a distance against them. During close-range combat, you can use the Bow to damage them.
- Furthermore, Wights are super fast and have various Red and Double ring Blue attacks up their sleeves. But there’s a brief time when they are charging their Blue attacks.
- You have to interrupt them with the Bow or other attacks to damage them.
- These Beasts can also shoot three orbs of Wisps toward you. So, make sure you know how to parry, dodge, and block their attacks.
- Once you have defeated the Wights, they divide and split themselves into three Wisps Orbs.
- You can stun or stagger these Orbs with Sigil and Sonic Arrows. Hit the R2 button to use the equipped Sonic or Sigil arrows.
You can encounter the Wights throughout your adventure in GoW Ragnarok. And when you defeat them for the first time, you will unlock a new entry in the Bestiary. You can view more information on them by heading to the Codex section.
That’s everything covered about how to beat the Wights in God of War Ragnarok. If you liked this guide, check out our guides on how to defeat Light Elves, Frost Phantoms, Flame Phantoms, and more God of War Ragnarok Guides on our dedicated section right here on Gamer Tweak.