Splatoon 3 is a fast-paced third-person shooter videogame exclusive for Nintendo Switch. Similar to its predecessors, there are different slots that you can add to your gear. These slots offer special abilities to your weapons. And you can use these ability slots to have an advantage over your opponents. But how to do so? Check out our guide on how to add slots in Splatoon 3.
How to Add Slots in Splatoon 3
You can add more slots to your gear by increasing its rarity. You can add a maximum number of three ability slots to your gear or weapons. There are several ways to increase your gear rarity. Mentioned below are all ways to increase your gear rarity:
- Buy the Duplicates from Shop
- Upgrading Gear from Murch, the Sea Urchin
- SplatNet Gear Shop
- Salmon Run
Let’s look at each of these methods in more detail.
Buy Duplicates from Shop
- To increase your gear’s rarity and add more slots, you can buy duplicates of your gear in the shop section.
- You can head over to the shop section to check if they have the same weapons you are looking for.
- But the collection in the shop gets updated every day, so grab the duplicate gear as soon as possible.
- Several Gear shops offer gears having three ability slots. So, you can buy them directly from the shop.
- Although make a note that these gear will be more expensive.
Upgrading Gear from Murch, the Sea Urchin
- You can upgrade and increase the rarity of your gear by talking to Murch, the Sea Urchin.
- You will find him located to the right of the Plaza in front of the Lobby entrance.
- But it will cost you some Super Sea Snails. If you are out of them, check out our guide on how to get Super Sea Snails.
- Once you have enough of them, head over to the Murch to add more abilities to them.
- You can also get Ability chunks for scrubbing your gear.
SplatNet Gear Shop
- SplatNet Gear shop is a Nintendo online companion app that can be used to buy gear in exchange for Coins.
- Similar to the shop section, its collection also gets updated daily.
- There are several gears with three slots that you can purchase. But to buy these expensive gears, you will need plenty of coins.
Check out our guide on how to get money fast for more insight.
This is perhaps the best way to increase your ability slots in Splatoon 3.
- Salmon Run is a game mode that involves completing different objectives and defeating hordes of Salmon enemies.
- As you complete these runs, you will get plenty of points.
- You can use these points to redeem rewards like Gear.
If you are confused about grinding on this mode, check out our guide on how to play Salmon Run.
- You can trade with other players for three-starred gear using the SplatNet Gear Shop.
- While most of the players won’t be willing to offer their three-starred gear, you can negotiate a fair deal with them.
- After placing an order from that player, you need to head over to the Murch to collect the gear.
That’s everything covered about how to add slots in Splatoon 3. If you liked this guide, check out our guide on how to change between Inkling and Octoling, how to do Dodge roll, and how to get a school uniform in Splatoon 3 right here on Gamer Tweak.