When you start leveling up in Valheim, you will require Surtling Cores a lot. They will a necessary indispensable requirement for you to survive the elements of Valheim. Surtling Cores are used to craft and upgrade many items like craft “Smelter” (Iron or Copper from their ores) and “Charcoal Klin” to convert wood into coal (5 each time). They can be a bit hard to find in the world of Valheim if you don’t know where to look for them. So let’s where to find Surtling Cores in Valheim.
How to Get Surtling Cores in Valheim?
Surtling Cores can be found in Valheim in 3 different ways. You can find them in random chests, as Surtling drops, and in various dungeons like burial chambers.
- You can find Surtling Cores in various dungeons like burial chambers. There will be a lot of enemies like ghosts and skeletons guarding the treasures in them. Slay and keep going deep into these dungeons. You can get your hands on lots of Surtling Cores in such dungeon grindings.
- Make sure to open and check out all the chests you come across in Valheim. If you are lucky them you can find Surtling Cores in them.
- Find and kill Surtlings for they drop Surtling Cores when killed. But be wary as their ranged attacks are very threatening to you. Their fireballs can set you on fire inflicting damage over time ignoring your armor.
Their entire body is engulfed in flames so they are easier to be noticed from afar during nighttime. Your fire arrows won’t deal any damage to them. The best way to kill them is to lure them to nearby water bodies. Water deals them lots of damage but rainfall in Valheim won’t affect their health during your battle. Killing a single Surtling will grant you a Surtling Core and two Coals.
Valheim: Where to Find Surtlings?
If you are wondering where to find Surtlings for then you can find them as guardians of Rune Stones and around Fire geysers in the Swap biome. Fire geysers will be always surrounded by 4-5 Surtling. So you can easily gather 8-10 Surtling Cores as drops once you manage to kill them.
That’s everything you need to know about how to plant seeds and plant trees in Valheim. While you’re here check out our other Valheim guides like:
- How To Craft Stagbreaker Hammer In Valheim
- Valheim: How To Plant Seeds, Trees, And Harvest Crops?
- How To Defeat Eikthyr In Valheim
- Valheim: How To Summon And Beat The Elder (Boss Fight Tips)
- How To Start Building & Unlock Building Recipes in Valheim
For more details do not forget to visit our Valheim Wiki Guide for cheats, boss fights, rare resource locations, etc.