Minecraft 1.17 proved to be a massive update which included axolotls, amethyst geodes, glow squids and much more. The first part focused on new mobs, items and blocks and it was pretty awesome. But now players are wondering when is Minecraft 1.18 coming out and what are the new additions that you will get? Let’s take a look at everything that is known about Minecraft 1.18 Release Date and the Caves & Cliffs Part 2 Update features.
When is Minecraft 1.18 Releasing in 2021?
The exact Minecraft 1.18 release date is not yet known as of now. The Minecraft Caves & Cliffs Part 2 update is surely coming out in late 2021 which could mean October, November (most likely) or even December. If you can’t wait until then, you can try out some of the new features in the experimental snapshot. Players can check out the big improvements such as terrain generation changes, cave updates, new mountains and more because Mojang wants your feedback. Get a first-hand peek into the new world generation as the developers work on integrating it with the main game.
What’s New in Minecraft 1.18 Caves & Cliffs Part 2 update?
Here are all the new additions (in a nutshell) that players can expect in Minecraft 1.18.
- Changes related to Caves and new Cave additions.
- Lush Caves and Dripstone Cave are also slated to be released in this update.
- New Noise Caves in Cheese, Noodle and Spaghetti forms.
- World generation changes like increasing world height, new mountains, caves and biomes.
- Speaking of Mountains, you will see 6 sub-biomes:
- Snowy Slopes
- Lofty Peaks
- Snow Capped Peaks
- Stony Peaks
- Deep Dark where you will find the new Warden Mob.
- Ore veins will be added as well.
- Sculk Sensors and Bundle get added back to the Creative Mode inventory. Bundle can be crafted again.
- Sculk, Sculk Catalyst, Sculk Vein and Sculk Shrieker are planned to be added.
- Changes in Mob spawn locations of Axolotls and Goats.
- Large Biomes and Amplified world types get removed.
- Goat Horn, Warden Spawn egg, Darkness effect to be added.
- And this is just the tip of the iceberg. Every addition mentioned above has multiple features, older content has changes and there are going to be lots of fixes. It seems that this update is going to be way bigger than Minecraft 1.17.
Why is Minecraft releasing in parts?
Due to the fact that these updates are huge and contain a lot of new content and major changes, the team decided to have the update in two parts. It’s crucial for them to test out every technical change since the world generation gets an overhaul which will have an impact on the performance and other objects. But once everything is tested and approved, we will have the update ready by holiday season.
That’s all about Minecraft 1.18 Release Date and all that is known about the features and new additions. Stay with Gamer Tweak for all the latest updates!