The Deep Dark Biome was one of the many major additions in the 1.17 Caves and Cliffs update in Minecraft. Its mysterious vibe and the presence of a scary new mob known as the Warden have excited gamers all over. In this article, we will find out everything there is to know about the Deep Dark Biome in Minecraft.
Minecraft Deep Dark Biome
First, let’s get into the Deep Dark Biome location in Minecraft 1.17.
Where to Find the Deep Dark Biome in Minecraft?
- You will find the Deep Dark Biome below the Y axis layer 0.
- To get a bearing of your Y axis level, you will need to open coordinates by pressing the F3 key (in the Java Edition).
- You can open coordinates in other editions of Minecraft by going to the World Options menu and enabling coordinates.
- Once you get below level 0, you will enter the Deep Dark Biome.
- When you’re close to the biome, you will probably see a block of Deepslate in the shape of a large, deep ravine. You can use this as a cue for the Deep Dark Biome.
- You will find Sculk Sensors in this biome. These sensors can be a great tool to warn you about the presence of other players near your home or other such structures.
- In the Deep Dark Biome, you will encounter the Warden, a scary new mob that is immensely powerful.
- Check out how to kill the Warden below.
How to Kill the Warden?
- The Warden is a blind mob, but this disability does not affect its lethal power at all.
- It uses sensors that resemble sculks on its head to spot intruders in the Deep Dark Biome.
- The similarity with sculk sensors means that the Warden relies on vibrations to detect the presence of any object or player.
- The Warden mob is even capable of killing a player wearing Netherite armor in just two blows. This makes killing him extremely difficult.
- The best way to deal with the Warden in the Deep Dark Biome is by sneaking past him to avoid being caught and attacked.
- You can do this by carrying items like wool and arrows to throw at the Warden to distract it, giving you time to sneak right past.
- You need to remember that you will not be able to distract the Warden if you have been spotted by it as it will be locked onto you. The only way to avoid being attacked will be to run.
- Another way to avoid encountering the scary Warden in Minecraft is by keeping an ear open to hear the sound of his heartbeat. The Warden’s heart flashes upon beating, making its beat audible to players.
Now that you know how to deal with the terrifying Warden mob, you can peacefully explore the wonderfully mysterious Deep Dark Biome in Minecraft.
If you liked this article, check out this guide on how to get lush caves in Minecraft.