Facing the BG3 Magic Mirror not working issue at your camp? With the most recent Patch 3, a plethora of features have been added by Larian Studios alongside the full Mac support. One of these features includes the Magic Mirror which can be easily accessed from your camp. But as players use it for customizing their characters, they are unable to use the Magic Mirror in Baldur’s Gate 3. While there can be many reasons for this issue, we have compiled all the workarounds to resolve this issue.
Why Can’t You Use the Magic Mirror in Baldur’s Gate 3?
As the notes for Patch 3, there are some restrictions to use the Magic Mirror in BG3. The Origin characters, Hirelings, and full Illithids cannot use the Magic Mirror. It simply allows you to change your appearance, voice, pronouns, and nether regions whenever and however many times you would like to.
If you are playing as a Tav and still can’t use Magic Mirror, there can be other reasons. Don’t worry, here are some workarounds or solutions to resolve this issue:
How to Fix the BG3 Magic Mirror Not Working Issue
Before you start with any workarounds, we recommend updating Baldur’s Gate 3 to the latest version for applying any recent hotfixes by the devs. But if that didn’t fix the Magic Mirror not working issue, try out the below workarounds.
Delete Mods Folder
As it worked out the issue for many players, you can disable the mods to resolve this issue.
- For that, delete all the installed Mod Save files or data to fix this error. You can find the folder for all the Mod saves over here:
- Local Disk> Program Files > x86 > Steam > Steamapps > Common > Baldur’s Gate 3 > Data
- Delete the Mods folder in this folder.
- Also, head to the following path by default:
- Local Drive > Users > Username > AppData > Local > Larian Studios > Baldur’s Gate 3
- Delete the Mods folder from here, as well.
- Launch BG3 and head to your camp to check if the issue persists.
Verify Game Files Integrity
You can also encounter the can’t use the Magic Mirror issue in BG3 if your game files are missing or corrupted. To resolve this, rather than re-installing the game, you can verify your game files. This process will download those files instead of re-downloading the entire game. So, here’s where you can find this option:
- Launch Steam > Right-click on Baldur’s Gate 3 > Properties > Local Files > Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Launch GOG Galaxy > Library > Select BG3 > More > Manage > Verify / Repair Game Files.
Contact Larian Studios
However, if none of the above workarounds resolved the issue for you, we recommend contacting Larain Studios. You can head to Larian Support and describe the issue you are facing by attaching a screenshot or video file. Then, wait for some time until the Support team reverts you with a suitable workaround to resolve this issue.
That’s all about how to fix the BG3 Magic Mirror not working issue. If you found this guide helpful, check out our guides to find out how to fix the Joining failed something went wrong error, how to permanently summon Shovel the Quasit, and explore more Baldur’s Gate 3 Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.