One of the best non-companions that you can get in Baldur’s Gate 3 is Shovel the Quasit. If you feel your party doesn’t have anyone interesting and you need someone to spice things up a bit. This character has you covered. After a few interactions you will want to always have them on your team. But the problem is you cannot exactly use her like your usual companion. So here is how you can summon and permanently keep Shovel.
|You can find Shovel’s Summon Scroll at Blighted Village.|
|Use the scroll to learn her spell on a character that can cast spells.|
|Summon Shovel anytime using the learnt spell.|
How to Summon and Keep Shovel in Baldur’s Gate 3
You can summon Shovel the Quasit after getting her scroll from the casket in apothecary cellar in Blighted Village. Who gets to use the scroll will change depending on the class of your main character. Having spell caster classes gives you an advantage but any class can use this method after respecing at at Withers. Thanks to player Reconciler on Steam for sharing this method. You can check out their post here.
- Go to Withers and respec your character to have either of these classes: Wizard, Sorcerer or Warlock.
- Open your Spellbook and choose Learn more spells.
- Select the scroll and spend the required gold to learn the spell.
- Once learned, you can use this spell to summon her.
You can keep your new class, or respec again while still keeping the spell.
Alternatively, if you don’t want to go through the hassle of respecing your character but have Gale on your party then you can use the scroll on him instead.
How to Get Shovel as a Storm Sorcerer
There is a way to get Shovel as a companion as a Storm Sorcerer. Initially, it appears that no matter what dialogue you choose you cannot get Shovel because she is afraid of Storm Sorcerers. But thanks to Reddit user u/Galphanore for sharing their method. You can check out their comment here.
- Use Disguise self spell or Mask of the Shapeshifter and disguise yourself before talking to Shovel.
- Talk to her.
- Next, remove the disguise and talk to the mirror.
- Now, go back and talk to Shovel and you will be able to summon her.