Many players are unable to Examine the Machine Carcass in Horizon Forbidden West. This is part of the main quest Reach for the Stars. The task in itself is pretty simple all you have to do is find the machine carcass near the river and examine it. But the problem arises when players reach there, find the machine body but don’t get the option to examine it. Worry not, in this guide we will check how to fix the Examine Machine Carcass bug in Horizon Forbidden West.
How to Fix the Examine the Machine Carcass Glitch in Horizon Forbidden West
You can fix the Machine Carcass bug by restarting from your last save.
- Press the Options button on your controller to open the pause menu.
- Next, choose “Restart from save“.
- You will get a warning to confirm if you want to start from your last save. Press X to confirm.
- Wait for the game to reload your previous save.
- You should start on high ground with a waterfall on your left.
- Walk towards it and jump down the river, and start swimming towards the Machine Carcass by following the marker.
- Approach the body and you will get the option to “Examine Machine Carcass“.
- Press the Triangle button on your controller to examine the Machine Carcass.
Although if you didn’t encounter this error then you could skip the above steps and simply walk up to the Machine Carcass. Press the Triangle button and examine it.
That sums up everything you should know about how to fix the Examine the Machine body bug in Horizon Forbidden West. Since you are playing this game be sure to check how to use the pullcaster, how to throw rocks and how to crouch. We also have lists of all the main quests and new & returning machines in Horizon Forbidden West.