Horizon Forbidden West offers players a large open world to explore and to make this task a bit easy they provide them with the Pullcaster. Pullcaster is an interesting grapple hook that has more uses than just pulling Aloy from one point to another. Other than the basic use of solving puzzles, players can also use this tool to spice up their gameplay and do some interesting platforming with it. So without further ado let us quickly check how you can use Pullcaster in Horizon Forbidden West and how to unlock it.
How to Use the Pullcaster in Horizon Forbidden West
There are two ways to use the Pullcaster.
- For pulling down walls and objects:
- Press and hold L2 to aim your crosshair at the wall or the object.
- Next, press the Triangle button on your controller and it will change the reticle.
- Press and hold R2 to launch the Pullcaster towards the object or wall and keep pulling it.
- Using it as a grappling hook:
- Jump and press the X button to attach the Pullcaster to the grapple points.
- Do remember you can only use this method when there are grapple points available for you to hook onto in the areas.
How to Get the Pullcaster
You can get the Pullcaster by progressing through the game’s main story. It is one of the most important items that is even needed for story progression and hence you can unlock it without fail quite early in the game.
That covers this guide on how to use the Pullcaster in Horizon Forbidden West and how to get it. If you have just started playing you should definitely check the best skills to unlock early as this will help you use skill points optimally. You should also find our other guides helpful on how to crouch, how to fast travel, and how to swim in Horizon Forbidden West.