In Horizon Forbidden West, Aloy can now swim underwater which means more secrets can be discovered. But as it is in many games, there’s a time limit for how long you can breathe underwater and the meter will display how much time you have left. To swim underwater for longer, you will require a diving mask and once you unlock it, you can dive to extreme depths without worries.
How to Get Diving Mask to Swim & Breathe Underwater Longer in Horizon Forbidden West?
- To unlock the Diving Mask, you need to play the main story until you reach The Sea of Sands quest (main mission 11).
- This is related to the Poseidon protocol (Las Vegas) with the flooded building, as soon as you’re on that track, you know you’re close to getting the mask.
- During this mission, you will be asked to craft the diving mask but note that it is not available at the early section of the game. This will appear sometime during the middle of the story.
- When you talk to Morlund, he will tell you to bring Compressed air capsule. Dive down and get it. You will have to face some machines along the way when you go back out. Make sure to collect the machine parts from the enemies.
- After that, go to Morlund and talk to him. This is when you will be tasked with crafting the Diving Mask by using the workbench.
How to Use the Diving Mask?
Thankfully, there’s no special button you need to remember to use to put the Diving Mask on Aloy’s face. It will happen automatically when she dives into the water so you can swim for as long as you like. Plus, the mask will work for any other mission after it’s unlocked.
Hopefully, that solves your query about how to breathe and swim underwater for longer in Horizon Forbidden West. Don’t forget to check out our guide on how to unlock the Sunwing flying mount in this game as well.