Horizon Forbidden West New & Returning Machines List
Horizon Forbidden West is out with many new machines for Aloy to slay while still keeping the old ones. If you thought the machines in Zero Dawn were tough or annoying then wait till you meet some of the machines unique to this game. Tremortusk was just one of the glimpses of how fearsome the machines can be in the sequel, and there are many more such machines waiting to meet you. So let us quickly check the list of all the new & returning machines in Horizon Forbidden West.
All New Machines in Horizon Zero Dawn
- Bristleback: The Bristleback resembles a warthog and might deceive you for a harmless machine. Be wary of its tusks, as they will do some serious damage to Aloy if you ever end up fighting it.
- Burrower: Burrower is a recon robot underwater that will let out a screech when it spots you. And what comes after the screech is worst as all the other machines are now aware of your location.
- Clamberjaw: This is a foe that can be found in groups. As it resembles a monkey you can assume it will be fast when it comes to climbing. Their agility and numbers can and will easily put you at a disadvantage.
- Clawstrider: If you want a new ride then this is one of the coolest machines Aloy can ride. But while they are mountable, they are also very deadly as a foe, the reason being their sharp claws and chainsaws for a mouth.
- Dreadwing: This is a large bird that does various status effect attacks.
- Rollerback: What is more dangerous than a rogue killing machine? A Rogue killing machine that turns into a ball to stomp you while launching aerial projectiles that also try to kill you. And this rogue killing machine is Rollerback.
- Shellsnapper: Ever wanted to see how a Mega evolved Torterra would look like when given the RTX treatment? If the answer was yes, then Shellsnapper has you covered. This turtle shows none of your typical turtle traits of being cute, slow, and harmless. And is ready to kill you without any second thoughts.
- Slitherfang: What do normal snakes and Slitherfang have in common? Their ability to spew poison, or in the case of Slitherfang, acid. But unlike your regular snakes, Slitherfang is huge, is a robot, and actively trying to kill you.
- Sunwing: These pterodactyl-like birds harness the power of the sun using their wings!
- Tideripper: Tideripper is a beast that will not only chase you in the depths of the water but also come after you on land.
- Tremortusk: If you like Mammoths then you are in for a treat as Guerrilla Games have their Mecha Mammoths ready to take you down. But unlike your usual Mammoths these feature 4 tusks, flamethrowers, and other deadly weapons to attack you with.
- Widemaw: This is another new machine with deadly tusks. Widemaw is based on a Hippo.
All Old & Returning Machines in Horizon Forbidden West
These are all the machines that you first met in Horizon Zero Dawn and will meet again in Forbidden West. And just like how they were in the previous game they will be equally relentless in this game as well.
- Fire Bellowback
- Freeze Bellowback
- Redeye Watcher
- Specter Prime
That covers this list of all the new and old or returning machines in Horizon Forbidden West. If you haven’t progressed much further in the game I recommend you check the best skills to unlock early in this game. Also learn how to use the Pullcaster, how to save the game, and how to throw rocks in Horizon Forbidden West.