God of War Ragnarok features a plethora of enemies and creatures as you journey across the Nine Realms. You will face immense powerful foes like Thor, Odin, or potentially even Surtur. But before you encounter them, you will face an enormous wild bear named Bjorn. According to several Norse myths and languages, Bjorn is a name for Bear. And it would be an amazing feat to encounter as your first Boss in GoW Ragnarok. But how to defeat him? Check out our Boss guide on how to beat Bjorn in God of War Ragnarok.
How to Beat Bjorn in God of War Ragnarok
You will encounter Bjorn during the first Story quest, Surviving the Fimbulwinter in GoW Ragnarok. As mentioned before, he is an enormous Wild Bear. You need to make sure to guard up with a shield, dodging, or parrying his attacks. But putting in your best defense won’t be enough to defeat Bjorn. He has an HP meter of five Health bars. This boss fight won’t feature any phases so it can be a cakewalk to defeat him.
So, here’s how you can defeat Bjorn in God of War Ragnarok:
- For the entire fight, you need to make sure that his attacks don’t hit a direct impact on Kratos.
- If you see Yellow rings during the fight, he is about to break your shield. So, it would be best to dodge or parry these attacks.
- You can use several Frost-fused Runic Attacks to damage and slow him down.
- Speaking of the Red-colored rings, you can neither block nor parry these attacks. During this attack, Bjorn charges and grabs Kratos with his teeth.
- The only way to counter these attacks would be to dodge out of his way.
- Bjorn will stamp his legs on the ground before making this move. So, move and dodge out of the way before he charges this attack.
- Nevertheless, you can use Spartan rage when the odds are against you.
In a nutshell, you need to put on a defense show until you find an opening. And when you do, use your best combos with the Leviathan Axe to cause the most damage. Once you have depleted all his Health bars, a cutscene would be triggered. During this cutscene, he will transform revealing his true identity. No spoilers!
You can head over to our GoW Wiki and Walkthrough guide for tips and tricks, strategies, characters, and more.
That’s everything covered about how to beat Bjorn in God of War Ragnarok. If you liked this guide, check out our guide on how to beat the Huntress, Vanadis Valkyrie, Light Elves, and more God of War Ragnarok Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.