Out of the several NPCs in Baldur’s Gate 3, many want to add Halsin to their party. He is a druid Wood Elf, who is popularly known for his bear form. Druid is an excellent class to have in your party, especially if you didn’t select it as your class while creating your character. For example, with a druid, you can use the Healing Word spell to revive fallen allies from a distance without having to use up an action. This was just one of the many uses, there is a lot more a Druid can offer you as a companion. So here is how you can recruit Halsin in BG3.
How to Get Halsin to Join Your Party in Baldur’s Gate 3
To add Halsin as a Companion to your party, you have to complete the Wake up Art Cullagh quest. This happens later in the story, but before you do that, you will first have to find and rescue him. You can check out our detailed guide about it here, but for a quick overview here is what you do:
- Go to the Goblin camp. You should have the Save Sazza objective.
- Open the Heavy Oak doors and reach the Shattered Sanctum.
- Next, go to the northeast door to reach the Worg Pens.
- You will find Halsin in the northeast room in his bear form.
- Help him in the battle against the goblins.
- After the fight, he will return to his human form, go and talk to him.
- You will now have to kill all 3 Goblin Leaders.
- Halsin will mention going back to Emerald Grove, you can find him there.
- Upon your arrival, you will find a celebration going on. Here, Halsin will ask if he can travel with you.
- Accept his offer and he will join your party.
At this time he will only be a follower and not a party member just yet.
- Now, continue progressing the story until you get to Act 2 and get the Wake Up Art Cullagh quest. By this time you should also have Shadow-cursed lands unlocked.
- After the quest is over you will be able to add him to your party as a Companion.
Now that you have Halsin in your party, you might also want to check out how to Romance him. But if you aren’t interested in that then head over to our Baldur’s Gate 3 section. Here you can get help on topics like how to fix the companion exclamation bug, where to find Karlach and more.