Assassin’s Creed Valhalla has got yet another update to keep the momentum going. After the Yule Festival, players get to participate in the Ostara Festival in AC Valhalla. What is the Ostara Festival and what will be the festive tasks or quests to do in it? Additionally, what will be the rewards for completing quests? Find out all about it in our guide.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla Ostara Festival
The Ostara Festival in AC Valhalla will begin on March 18 and end on April 8, 2021. You can access it once you have installed the 1.2.0 Title update. Since it’s all about spring, there’s going to be a bloomy Ravensthorpe so it will be interesting to see how it looks. There will be some unique side activities like egg hunts and some more special rewards. It has also been revealed that there are going to be “Eastre” specific new hairstyles and tattoos as a part of this festival.
Note that the Ostara festival will be accessible to those players who have completed one story arc out of Grantebridgescire and Ledecestrescire. So if you haven’t, complete it right away.
You will also get to drink, brawl, and participate in archery activities. But when it’s night time, spirits will show up and you must protect your Raven clan from them. Upon completing day and night activities, you will get special rewards that are unique to this limited-time event. So, hurry!
How to Start the Festival
You don’t have to do anything special to start the Ostara Festival. Once you have updated the game and enter your settlement, the festival will begin automatically. You will talk to Alvis and he will tell you more about the equinox and the event.
Events and Quests
There are multiple events you can participate in like Viking Brawl, Braun’s Folly and Twirling Targets. Viking Brawl is a fight between Vikings as they get more and more powerful in further rounds. Braun’s Folly is a drinking mini game whereas Twirling Targets is all about archery and your shooting skills. Players who have experienced the Yule Festival will know that these are returning events.
There are new Quests like The May Queen, Spiritual Defense, Egg Hunt and Let’s Get Festive. You will earn Festival Tokens by completing these and you can replay it to keep earning and farming more of them. With 1000 Festival Tokens, you will be able to purchase everything that Norvid has for sale.
What is the Ostara Festival?
Here’s a bit of a background about this festival. The Ostara Festival takes after the Germanic goddess named Eostre/Ostara. She was honored in April to celebrate renewal, rebirth and fertility and Easter came from this. Interestingly, Estrogen, related to women’s fertility, is also linked to it. That’s not all, the Hare is very sacred to Ostara and the symbolism also includes egg. There are Hares in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla already so it all makes sense.
AC Valhalla Ostara Festival Rewards and Items
- Raven – Colorful Raven – 240 Festival Tokens
- Floral Arrangement Scheme (Small) priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Floral Shrine Scheme (Small) priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Small Hog Log Scheme priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Small Fairy Trap Scheme priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Victorious Tree Warrior Scheme priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Tree Spear Warrior Scheme priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Tree Warrior Scheme priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Mossy Faced Tree Scheme priced at 140 Festival Tokens
- Powerful Tree Warrior Scheme priced at 30 Festival Tokens
- Arms Ostara Scheme priced at 70 Festival Tokens
- Torso Ostara Scheme priced at 70 Festival Tokens
- Back Ostara Scheme priced at 70 Festival Tokens
- Head Ostara Scheme priced at 70 Festival Tokens
- Flower Hair (Blond) priced at 20 Festival Tokens
- Flower Hair (Light Brown) priced at 20 Festival Tokens
- Floral Hair (Dark Brown) priced at 20 Festival Tokens
- Floral Hair (Red) priced at 20 Festival Tokens
- Flower Beard Scheme priced at 20 Festival Tokens
That’s not the only thing added in this patch, though. In fact, there’s quite a bit players can explore. For example, the much-requested Transmog feature has been added which will help you change the appearance of your gear and weapons. There are also some new skills like Fearless Leaper, Raven’s loot and Loot Food. Plus, a close camera option has been added to the game that you can toggle to get a closer camera during normal gameplay. It will zoom out during combat though. Apart from all this, many bug fixes and performance issues have been ironed out. Also, players can unlock Altair’s outfit for free this time as well.
If you need any help with boss fights, resource farming and even River Raids, don’t forget to check out our extensive Assassin’s Creed Valhalla wiki guide on Gamer Tweak!