As you proceed in Horizon Forbidden West, you will encounter a Tenakth tribe that is about to undergo a civil war. There is a side quest, The Gate of Vanquished that involves siding with one of the leaders to execute the other. You have an option to either side with Yarra or Drakka and eliminate the other. While you have a third option to make them both stand down, it doesn’t come to much avail as the war is inevitable. So, here’s our guide on whether choose Yarra or Drakka in Horizon Forbidden West.
Should You Choose Yarra or Drakka in Horizon Forbidden West?
Here are the three options to choose from:
- Side with Yarra.
- Side with Drakka.
- You both need to stand down.
- As both the parties are willing to kill the other, siding with any of them will result in a war.
- If you choose Yarra, it will result in a civil war with Drakka and their factions. And choosing Drakka will result in vice-versa.
- Choosing the third option will result in Aloy asking both of them to work together. The number of opponents and the death toll of the tribes involved will be less if you choose the third option. But it will result in a civil war anyway.
- While proceeding in the civil war, make sure to kill the warriors of the opponent tribe rather than going forward to kill Yarra or Drakka. That is because the warriors can lower your health with their heavy melee-based attacks.
Rewards for Completing the Quest
- Once the war is finished, it will result in Drakka killing Yarra or vice versa. That is based on the person you choose.
- Aloy will talk to them about how the war could have been avoided but know that their war was inevitable sooner or later.
- Whoever you sided with will reward you a Firestorm Warrior Bow and become the commander of the Desert.
- As you complete this quest, you will also receive 3 skill points along with 4125 XP.
Make a note that choosing any of them does not affect the future quests or the storyline in the game. So, choose whatever is suitable and makes sense to you.
That’s all on whether choose Yarra or Drakka in Horizon Forbidden West. If you liked this guide, make sure to check our other guides on how to change the time of day, how to put on face paint, and how to activate gyro aiming in Horizon Forbidden West right here on Gamer Tweak.