Horizon Forbidden West allows the players to change the time of the day. If you have been waiting for the day to end each time you need time to change as per its natural cycle then I have good news for you, you no longer need to wait. You can change it quite easily by following a few steps. So in this guide let us take a look at how you can do that and also learn why you may want to change time.
How to Change Time of the Day in Horizon Forbidden West
Before you can change the time you will have to unlock at least one Shelter.
- Go or Fast travel to any Shelter of your choice.
- Next, go to the Campfire and look for logs nearby to sit on.
- It will have a clock icon and when you get close to it, it will show an option “Sit (Progress Time)“.
- Approach the logs and press the Triangle button to Sit.
- Here you will get four options Quick Save, Manual Save, Progress Time, & Leave.
- Press the X button to Progress Time.
- Now you will get a time wheel that gives you five options
- Finally, select the time from the above options and it will change the time of the day.
Why you may want to change the time?
You may want to change the time of the day for multiple reasons. One of the main reasons is to access quests that may be available only during a certain time of the day. Next, you could do it for something as silly as enjoying nature. I mean the game does offer a vast world for you to explore, so why not explore it at something like night. And you could also use different times of the day to your advantage for stealth or seeing enemies clearly.
That covers this guide on how to change the time of the day in Horizon Forbidden West. You should also check our other guides on how to enable gyro aiming, performance vs quality modes, and how to examine the machine carcass in Horizon Forbidden West.