If you are looking to unlock the Winged Pikmin, so that they could soar high and reach the places you couldn’t in Pikmin 4, then we have got you covered. The adorable pink plantlike creature with blue eyes and wings is undoubtedly one of the highly sought-after Pikmin. Although because of its abilities and traits, it is also one of the hardest finds for players in the game. So if you are searching for winged creatures but don’t know where to look or how to unlock them, then check out this guide further to know more about them.
How to Get Winged Pikmin in Pikmin 4
To unlock and acquire the Winged Pikmin, players will have to complete the first two areas in Pikmin 4. This will help you move onto the third area in the game called Serene Shores. And to come across the Winged Pikmin in Pikmin 4, players will have to explore the Below-Grade Discotheque cave in the area. If you have gotten used to your adventures, then you will be familiar with Oatchi’s command ability. This helps you track down various points of interest in Pikmin 4 making it easy to find Winged Pikmin. You can use the ability once you have come across the winged creatures in the game.
And like any other Pikmin in Pikmin 4, the Winged Pikmin too can be acquired through onions more specifically the Pink Onion. It’s the same as using Ice Onion to have more Ice Pikmin in your squad. Although players can only come across the Pink Onion once they have unlocked the final area which is Primordial Thicket.
How to Get the Pink Onion
Players will come across the large muddy forest of Primordial Thicket after completing the Giant’s Hearth area of the game. Once you have unlocked the area, here are the steps you can follow:
- Add some White Pikmin to your squad.
- Head east from the starting base of Primordial Thicket.
- Here you will come across a swamp and a large box blocking your way.
- Go around the box and you will find a small gap.
- Try to find the correct angle and throw some White Pikmin over.
- Once you have successfully done it, the Pikmin will then scrub out all the poison bushes.
- After which they will lower the box for you to cross.
- Once done, you will come across a Pink Onion.
- Then use the Pink Onion to get more Winged Pikmin at your disposal in Pikmin 4.
Winged Pikmin has extraordinary abilities that can help players out in tricky situations. They can lift any barrier blocking your path so that you can cross them easily. Along with it, they can also carry around items, collectibles, etc across the water with the help of their wings.
That’s everything covered on how to unlock Winged Pikmin in Pikmin 4. For more interesting guides like these check out our dedicated Pikmin 4 section, right here on Gamer Tweak.