Splatoon 3 is a Nintendo-exclusive fast-paced videogame that involves competing in several battles and matches. One of these includes the Tricolor Turf battle which is available to play only during the Splatfest events. But several players are confused about this battle mode and how to participate in them. So, here’s our guide that explains what are the Tricolor Battles in Splatoon 3 and how to join them.
What are the Tricolor Battles in Splatoon 3
Tricolor Turf Battles are the three-minute battle modes that can be played only during the second half of the Splafest events. During the announcement of the Halftime report, the leading and the runner-up teams will be revealed by the Deep Cutt. Similar to the Turf wars, you need to ink most of the region of the turf to win them. But for these battles, the players are split into three teams.
How to Join the Tricolor Turf War
Follow the below steps:
- Head to the Lobby and hit the L Button. Scroll down and select the Tricolor Turf Battle option from the list.
- As mentioned before, the players will be divided into three teams. The winning team will be decided by the Halftime report of the Splatfest events.
- It is a three-minute battle mode that involves eight players in total.
- While there will be four players on the winning or leading team, the remaining two teams will have two players in them, each.
- These teams need to get the Ultra-Signal from the middle of the turf.
- As they do so, these teams can also splat each other with ink or work together.
- Speaking of the Ultra Signal, all the teams need to touch and secure the beacon.
- If the other two teams don’t touch the beacon in time, it activates the Sprinkler of Doom.
- As the name suggests, it is a weapon that can sprinkle ink all over the turf.
- This makes the team securing the Ultra Signal a significantly higher advantage.
- There are two Ultra Signal beacons for each of the Tricolor Battle modes.
- So, the two teams can either fight against each other or run a strategy to secure both beacons.
- Rather than splatting the teams, we suggest securing the Sprinkler and covering the turf with your ink.
Once the Tricolor Battles are finished, Deep Cutt will announce the winner of the Splatfest Event. All the teams that participated in these battles will get the Super Sea snails. You can redeem them to get the Ability Chunks or additional slots.
That’s everything covered about the Tricolor Battles in Splatoon 3 and how to join them. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to get and use Conchshells, how to get Festival Shells, and how to change the Splatfest region in Splatoon 3 right here on Gamer Tweak.