How To Throw Items In Zelda Tears Of The Kingdom (TOTK)
In Zelda Tears of the Kingdom there are many things for you to do but knowing the basics like how to throw items can come a long way. For example, while exploring the Depths you will want to use Brightbloom seeds to light up your path. While you could fuse them and shoot with arrows that is just wasting some extra resources. And the best part is throwing items or weapons in this game is not at all difficult. So here is a quick guide on how to do it.
How to Throw Items in Zelda TOTK
To throw Items, simply press and hold the R button next press Up and select the item to throw and then let go of R. This is a good way to save arrows as you don’t have to fuse them when throwing them nearby instead of shooting them somewhere in the distance, here is what you have to do:
- Press and hold the “R” button. Link will now start aiming his currently equipped weapon.
- Next, Press and hold Up on your left Joycon or on the D-pad of your Pro Controller.
- Now, select the item that you wish to throw by using the right stick.
- Aim it at your enemy, then release the R button to throw the selected item at your target.
The best place to learn or practice this is by going to the Yamiyo Shrine and doing the Combat Training there. You can find this shrine at the coordinates 0332, 0470, 0029. Check out our video on it below to see exactly how it’s done.
How to Throw Weapons in TOTK
Throwing weapons is almost the same as throwing items, just in place of pressing and holding up to select the item, you press and hold right to select the weapon. You should throw your weapons once they become red as they are closer to breaking. And to use them even further to the fullest throw them 2 hits after they become red. This will deal a lot of damage to your target.
How to Drop Items in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom
There are two ways to drop items.
- The first is by pressing and holding up, then highlighting the item you wish to drop. Next press X and it will drop the item in front of you.
- Alternatively, you can select individual or multiple items from the menu by holding them and then pressing A to drop them all at once. This method even lets you better control the distance on how far you can drop your items.
That’s all you need to do to throw items and weapons in Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. For more on this game check out our TOTK section to get help on topics like how to get more energy cells, get Majora’s Mask, and the best story order for main quests.