Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom lets you get and wear the Majora’s Mask. This is a treat to the fans who have played it originally on the N64 or on their Switch thanks to the NSO + Expansion Pack. And as Eerie as this mask looks in this game it isn’t only there for the looks. Wearing it you can easily avoid fights from most humanoid enemies in the game. But as useful as it is, so is it hard to get. So below is the location where you can find this mask.
How to Get Majora’s Mask in Zelda TOTK
You need to defeat 5 Lynels in the Floating Coliseum in the Depths to get Majora’s Mask. Before you start this journey make sure you have a good amount of Brightbloom seeds on you. They will be handy if you haven’t activated the Lightroots in the Depths. Lastly, also take some strong weapons with you as you will need them in these fights. So here is how you can get there:
- Fast Travel to the Kyokugon Shrine and head to the Great Plateau North Chasm. You can also fly here from the Hyrule Field Skyview Tower.
- Dive down here and activate the Nogukoyk Lightroot nearby to unlock the map and get more light.
- Go northwest from here to reach the Floating Coliseum. Check the below map image for reference.
- As you enter the Coliseum you can find a treasure chest covered in Gloom energy at the center.
- But as soon as you walk up to get it, the doors behind will close and a Gloom-covered Lynel will charge at you, starting the series of fights.
- Defeat the 5 Lynels and the Chest will unlock and you can collect your reward: Majora’s Mask.
Tips to Defeat Lynels Easily
Since they are some of the hardest enemies in the game there isn’t exactly an easy way to defeat them.
- Go for the Head: Shoot arrows at its face to momentarily stun it. The best type of arrow to easily chip away chunks of their health is Bomb Arrow.
- Use Perfect Guard: Perfectly parrying a strike will not only defend you from a Lynel’s attack but also let you attack it.
- Mount and attack: Try mounting a Lynel after you stun it. Equip the best weapon you have on you to deal it the most damage. This tip is slightly on the advanced side though, so practice perfect guard on other enemies first before using it on Lynels, else they might one-shot you.
- Use Ancient arrows: This should be your last resort because using them won’t yield you any rewards for defeating the Lynel and they drop some of the best weapons and shields in the game. But if you are out of options then this will help you out.
That’s how you can get the Majora’s Mask in Zelda Tears of the Kingdom. Since you are here, also check our other guides on how to get the golden horse, farm money fast, and find Toto Lake & Jiahto as they might be useful to you.