Ever thought of a way in which you can recruit both Halsin and Minthara to your party in Baldur’s Gate 3 without sacrificing the other? If you have played the game for a few hours you know that Goblins attack the Tieflings, and are also the enemies of Druids. So when you progress usually, you will have to pick between Halsin or Minthara. Because siding with one, means you are enemies with the other. But there is in fact a way through which you can add both of them to your party in BG3. So here is how it works.
How to Recruit both Minthara & Halsin to Party in Baldur’s Gate 3
To add both of them to your party you have to save Halsin and make him wait for you in the prison, then recruit Minthara first and him later in Act 2. Thanks to Reddit user u/DJay_lost for sharing this method. User u/Iyob also tried out the method and found a few bugs. You can check out the full post here. So here is how it works:
- Start by recruiting Wyll, through him you can get Karlach’s location. Add them both to your party. This is an optional step but lets you tag them along as well.
- Go to the Shattered Sanctum in Goblin Camp and save Halsin. Now, instead of taking on the 3 Goblin leaders tell him to wait for you in his cell.
- While exiting the camp, make sure you neither talk to Minthara nor any other Goblin. It goes without saying but also do not kill Minthara.
- Complete Act 1 and go to the Moonrise Towers.
- Find and save Minthara here.
- Next, go to the Last Light Inn and find Art Cullagh.
- Next, go back to the Goblin Camp.
- Here, talk to Halsin and tell him about the Shadow Curse.
- Take a long rest to end the day.
- Complete the “Wake Up Art Cullagh” quest you can add Halsin to your Party.
- Now, both Minthara and Halsin should be in your Party.
Should You Side with Minthara or Halsin in BG3?
The answer is a bit complicated and comes down to whom you want in your party more. If you try to recruit them normally, then choosing Halsin means killing Minthara. But if you choose Minthara, then you end up killing the Tieflings and Druids. So not only do you lose Halsin and Wyll. But Karlach will also die because the NPC that can save her is a Tiefling. No amount of Infernal Iron you collect will be of any use in saving her. So you should side with the character, that you find use of the most in your party.
That’s all on how to recruit both Halsin and Minthara to your party in Baldur’s Gate 3. If you need help adding other characters to your cause then check out our guide on all companion locations.