Mordin Solus is in danger in Mass Effect 3 and you need to save him. Spoiler Alert! Mass Effect seems to put a target on everyone’s head that is close to you. Now, you and only you have the power to save these individuals as Commander Shepard. However, the decision to save Mordin Solus is a bit of a difficult one with a lot of trade-offs. You will also have to go down the darker part as a Renegade to do so. So let’s find out how to save Mordin Solus in ME3.
How to save Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3
- The first thing you will have to do is kill and sacrifice Wrex on Virmire in the first Mass Effect. (Not off to a great start are we)
- Next, in Mass Effect 2, during Mordin’s Loyalty Mission you will have to go and destroy Maelon’s data. This will also result in Eve’s death, however, that will happen regardless, so make of that what you will.
- Now in Mass Effect 3, you will have to keep the STG Sabotage on Shroud Tower a secret. During Mordin’s Loyalty Mission you will also have to stall him and buy time by not allowing him to go to the building. However, this is where the Renegade part comes to play. You will have to intimidate Mordin to stop him from dispensing the cure for the genophage.
- Once your persuasion is successful Mordin will come up with the suggestion of lying to the Krogans about dispensing the cure to someone else in order to secure an alliance. This will result in you getting Krogan and Salarian support.
- Unfortunately, Mordin will have to go into exile to make the lie sound plausible relegating Mordin to the role of a War Asset and not a companion. However, if you do allow Mordin to sacrifice himself and release the cure you will acquire a larger amount of War Assets.
- There are also a ton of ways that this can go wrong. If Wrex is alive and manages to become the clan leader of Urdnot there will be no way you can save Mordin, irrespective of the choices. Also, if Eve is alive, Mordin will go on to dispense the cure and also meet his end.
- If you do choose to let Mordin do the right thing you will cure the genophage. Eve will also stay alive along with Wrex. You will also get the support of the Krogans and Krogan Mercenaries in the war.
This is everything you need to know about how to save Mordin Solus in Mass Effect 3. While you are here you can even have a look at our Mass Effects Legendary Edition Wiki to learn more about the game.