Diablo Immortal is an MMOARPG that revolves around Diablo 2 and Diablo 3. While its free-to-play status has earned quite a large number of players, some players are facing crashing issues. As they begin, the game stutters lags and suffers from horrible frame drops. That makes the entire gameplay insufferable to play and grind upon. Not to worry, here’s our guide on how to fix lag, stuttering, and frame drops in Diablo Immortal.
How to Fix Lag, Stuttering, & Frame Drops in Diablo Immortal
Mentioned below are all the potential methods to fix the Stuttering, lag, and frame drops:
Check the System Requirements
Your device can encounter such problems if your device does not meet the minimum requirements.
Mentioned below are the minimum system requirements for Diablo Immortal:
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, or Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i3 or AMD FX-8100
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460, ATI Radeon HD 6850, or Intel HD Graphics 530
- Memory: 4 GB RAM or above.
Here are the recommended system requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10 or Windows 11 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Ryzen 5
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770, AMD Radeon RX 470
- Memory: 8 GB RAM or above.
In addition to the above system requirements, you also need a consistent internet connection. We suggest using a wired connection rather than wireless for a seamless connection.
Check for Windows Updates
- You need to check whether the Windows is updated to the latest version.
- You can check any updates for Windows by going to the Settings.
- Then, select the Windows Update option to the left and select the Check for Updates option.
Run the Game as an Administrator
- Right-click on the Diablo Immortal icon (.exe) and select the Run as an Administrator option.
- As the game launches, make sure it is running smoothly.
If the issue persists, try out our next method.
Clear out all the Background Processes
- Head over to the End Task to clear out all of the Background processes.
- Hit the CTRL + Shift + Esc keys for a shortcut.
- Clear out all the background processes taking too much of your RAM.
Update the Graphics Drivers
If your Graphics Drivers are outdated, the game can stutter and suffer a few frame drops. Follow these steps to update your drivers:
- Press the Start button and search Device Manager.
- Double-click on the Display adapters to expand.
- Then, right-click on the Graphics driver and select the Update driver option.
Reinstall the Game
If none of the methods worked out for you, we suggest uninstalling the game. And then installing it again. It’s a classic fix but works for most cases.
If you’re stuck on the starting screen, check out our guide on how to fix this issue.
Diablo Immortal Controller Lag
One of the major reasons for the lag can be because of the graphics settings. You can potentially fix this by tweaking to lower settings.
Follow these steps to tweak the Graphics Settings:
- Head over to the Settings and select the Graphics option.
- Then, toggle the FPS section to Uncapped.
- You can also lower the settings by switching the Image Sharpening and Vertical Sync to Off.
- Also, make sure to clear out all the running background processes that might be taking much of your RAM.
- One of the other reasons for the lag can be the outdated Graphics Drivers. So, make sure that your Graphics drivers are all updated.
If you are facing crashing issues on other platforms such as iOS and Android, check out our guide on how to fix crashing issues.
Diablo Immortal Mobile Lag Fix
Here are all the potential fixes to resolve the crashing and lag issues:
- Check that the game and device are updated to their latest versions.
- Restart the game and check if the problem persists.
- Restart the device and check if this problem persists.
- Clear out the app’s cache data and restart the game. Head over to the Diablo Immortal app settings > Clear Cache > Launch the game.
- If the previous method did not work out, select the Clear data option. And launch the game to check if the problem persists.
- Alternatively, you can uninstall and install the game as the last resort.
That’s all on how to fix stuttering, lag, and frame drops in Diablo Immortal. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on how to farm XP, how to get and upgrade legendary gems, and how to get Legendary gear in Diablo Immortal right here on Gamer Tweak.