Medallions are one of the most important key items in Elden ring. Why? Because they unlock several hidden places and allow you to fast travel to other locations. You can obtain these medallions by completing a questline or wandering through the Lands Between. However, getting medallions is not enough to fast travel. You need to gather both the parts of some medallions to activate them. How do you activate them? Not to worry, here’s our guide that explains how to join medallions in Elden Ring.
How to Join Medallions in Elden Ring?
There are two halves to the Dectus and Haligtree Secret medallions. You need to obtain the left and the right halves of it from a location to join them together. Upon joining them together, you can activate a hidden path or a location. Mentioned below are the steps to join and activate Dectus Medallion:
How to Join Dectus Medallion?
- First, you need to obtain both the halves of Dectus medallion. You can get the left Dectus medallion at the Fort Haight located southwest of the Limgrave.
- The fort is a mini-dungeon, so you can expect to encounter some enemies. The left one is at the top of the castle in the treasure chest.
- For the right medallion, we need to travel to Forth Faroth located in Dragonbarrow.
- It is to the northeast of the Caelid region.
- As you enter the fort, head straight until you see a ladder.
- Climb the ladder and open the treasure chest to obtain the second half.
- Now as we have both the halves, head over to the Grand Lift of Dectus. Climb the stairs and get onto the circle to hoist the medallion.
- You will unlock the path to the Altus plateau upon joining the Dectus medallion.
How to Join Haligtree Secret Medallion in Elden Ring?
- For the first left half of the Haligtree medallion, you need to head to Castle Sol located to the northeast of the Mountaintops of the Giants.
- As you reach there, you will encounter and fight against Commander Niall. You can find the left Haligtree secret medallion on top of Castle Sol.
- For the second half, you need to head to the Village of Albinaurics located in the Liurnia of Lakes.
- As you travel through the marshes and swamps, you will encounter a cave by the coast. You have to strike a pot that is disguised as an Albinauric named Albus.
- He will give you the right Haligtree secret medallion as you strike him once or twice.
- As you have acquired both the halves, traverse to the Grand Lift of Rold.
- Once you have arrived at the location, climb the stairs and get on the circle. You will get an option to unlock two different paths.
- If you hoist a medallion, it will unlock the Mountaintop of Giants. But if you hoist the secret medallion, you will unlock the path to Consecrated Snowfield.
That’s all on how to join medallions in Elden Ring. If you liked this guide, make sure to check out our other guides on how to summon Melina, where to buy arrows, and how to find and open hidden paths in Elden ring right here on Gamer Tweak.