There are a plethora of different types of weapons and gear you can use in Elden Ring. Jar Cannon is one of the Ballistae that is best suited for long-range combats. You can use it to fire Great bolts upon your enemies. It not only damages the targeted enemies but also breaks their defenses. So, here’s our guide on how to get the Jar Cannon in Elden Ring.
How to Get the Jar Cannon in Elden Ring
You can get the Jar Cannon by defeating Queen Margot at Volcano Cave. Follow these steps to get to it:
- Head over to Mount Gelmir located to the north of Liurnia of Lakes and west of the Altus Plateau.
- You can either use the Grand Lift of Dectus or travel through the Ruin-Strewn Prercpice to reach there.
- If you traverse through the latter, you can encounter an optional boss, Magma Wyrm.
- As you reach the Mount Gelmir campsite, head in the west direction and climb the ladders.
- Upon heading left, you will notice ladders guiding upwards. After climbing these ladders to the top, climb the ladders again.
- Once you reach on top of the hill, head in the north direction. But make sure you don’t miss the Cave to your left.
- The Volcano Cave is located to the left in a corner that is bound to be missed.
- You can rest and save your location at the Volcano Cave, Site of Grace near the entrance. You will encounter several Demi-human enemies as you go along.
- As you proceed into the cave, take a left and go ahead.
- You will encounter a Demi-human chieftain guarding the Fog door. You can ignore it to proceed further into the Boss room.
- As you enter the room, the Demi-human Queen Margot will be waiting to fight you.
- Once you have defeated her, she will drop 11,000 Runes and the Jar Cannon Ballista.
How to Use the Jar Cannon?
- You can use any type of Greatbolts for this weapon. It weighs over 15.0 and uses 23 Strength as well as 12 Dexterity.
- Jar Cannon has a default skill to kick targeted enemies.
- It can inflict up to 672 physical damage when upgraded to +10.
- You can use it against a large group of enemies and is highly effective during long-ranged combats.
- But due to its weight and reload speed, it might be risky to use it in close-ranged combats.
- You can neither enchant it with magic nor boost it with consumables.
- While you cannot apply the Ashes of War, you can upgrade it by using the Somber Smithing Stones.
That’s all on how to get the Jar Cannon in Elden Ring. If you liked this guide, check out our other guides on where to get the Bolt of Gransax, how to get a Bull goat Armor, and where to get the Fingerprint Stone shield in Elden Ring right here on Gamer Tweak.