Into the Unknown quest has a bug in Starfield and players need an immediate fix. The quest requires you to investigate the mysterious signals coming from a specific planet. This is where the issue begins. When you get here, no matter how much you explore the signals just don’t seem to be there. So here are a few things that you can do to fix this quest and continue progressing.
How to Fix Into The Unknown Bug in Starfield
There isn’t an official fix yet and it should be resolved when developers release an update patching it. But for now, here are a few workarounds that you can use to fix it:
- Fast travel to another system: Going to another star system and coming back to Procyon III seems to be a fix that could do the trick for you. Simply fast travel to a system like Alpha Centauri or Cassiopeia and return to Procyon A. Get back to the mission and the signal should be available now.
- Reload your save: Reloading the game and starting the mission from the start also has a chance to spawn the marker that was previously missing.
- Skip in-game time: Waiting on the planet for some time should also make the marker spawn. Although it won’t be easy try waiting for around 24 to 48 hours in-game.
- Use Cheats on PC: This is a fix that you can use if you don’t mind sacrificing achievements from this point on. Thanks to player nmilot2010 on Steam for sharing this method:
- Press the tilde key “~” to open the command prompt.
- Type “setstage 000160A9 600”.
- Press enter.
- The only problem with this solution is that it doesn’t fix this mission but rather skips it. So it’s handy if you don’t mind missing out on a bit of the plot and just continue the story. But as mentioned before it will make your save modded so you also won’t be getting any new achievements after this.
- Wait for an Update: As mentioned before, the best way to fix it would be to let the developers handle it. After a patch is out, update your game and continue. Now, you won’t have to worry about wasting in-game time or losing out on any achievements.