Similar to SKSE and FOSE, Bethesda fans can finally rejoice as the Starfield Script Extender is finally made available thanks to modders, Ian Patterson and Stephen Abel. SFSE works perfectly as a modder’s resource since it allows you to change and go beyond the game’s in-game features. With SFSE in Starfield, you can thrust forward and beyond Bethesda’s original scripting to add more fun with complexity. While there are many mods to choose from, a plethora of mods like Baka Achievement Enabler or Enemy Friendly Fire require SFSE. In fact, the community has started anticipating CBBE in Starfield already. But how do you download and install this mod tool? Find out everything about this modder’s resource in our guide.
Don’t Miss | Best Starfield Mods You Need To Install Right Now
How to Install Starfield Script Extender (SFSE)
Before we start, SFSE only supports the release of Starfield on Steam. Sadly, it doesn’t support the versions on the Epic Game Store, Windows Store, or Xbox Game Pass. However, if you own the Steam version, you can download and install SFSE quite easily.
So, follow the below steps to install the Starfield Script Extender:
- Firstly, head to the NexusMods to download the SFSE (link over here). You need to log in or create a new account on NexusMods if you don’t have one already.
- Extract all the files to a preferred folder.
- Copy all the dll and exe files where the Starfield is installed. The default path would be as follows:
- Local Disk:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Starfield\
- Ensure to not paste the files into your Data folder.
- You can ignore the src folder if you wish to.
- Then, launch the game by running sfse_loader.exe but make sure that the Steam client is running.
Alternatively, you can directly install SFSE using the Vortex Mod Manager if you don’t wish to install it manually.
That’s all about how to install Starfield Script Extender (SFSE). If you found this guide helpful, check out more guides to find out how to install DLSS Mod, how to fix the Vortex Mods not working issue, and explore more Starfield Guides right here on Gamer Tweak.