In V Rising there are different types and affinities of abilities, and illusion is one of them. Knowing about them will help you plan out boss fights or the areas that you plan on visiting. But while each of them has its own purpose, for this topic let us focus on the illusion spells. So without further ado here is what Illusion abilities are in V Rising and how to get these magic spells.
What are Illusion Abilities in V Rising?
Illusion abilities are one of the 5 different abilities that you can use in the game. As per the name, one might think these are more deceptive and illusionary when compared to the other abilities your character can use. But just because the name is “illusion” don’t expect these magic spells to just disappear or be some meager form of decoy. This magic type actually has the ability to inflict different types of damage and effects on its target.
There are a total of 7 Illusion abilities that you can use in this game:
- Spectral Wolf: Your vampire sends out a wolf that does 100% magic damage to the target while also weakening them. This effect causes them to deal 30% less damage for the next 5 seconds. This wolf can also bounce to nearby enemies for up to 2 hits after each hit.
- Veil of Illusion: Dash to a target direction and evade any nearby enemies for 2.2 seconds. The next primary attack you do will cause 25% extra damage. When you cast this magic to dash, it will create an illusion at your initial location. This illusion will launch attacks that deal 40% magic damage. If you reuse the spell, you will swap positions with your illusion.
- Mist Trance: Use this magic to block all projectile and melee attacks from your enemies for up to 1.5 seconds.
- Spectral Assassin: Summon a Spectral Assassin at your target location. It will do 125% magic damage to any close-by enemies while also weakening them and knocking them back. The targets affected by it will deal 30% less damage for the next 5 seconds.
- Mirror Strike: Use this ability to attack and bounce between nearby enemies. This ability will deal a total of 600% damage to all the enemies hit by this move within the area after 3 seconds. This spell also weakens them by 30% for 5 seconds.
- Spectral Guardian: Summon a Guardian to shield your allies in the area by 125% of your spell power. It will also attack the enemies. The Spectral Guardian will last for 7 seconds and will reapply shield every 1.5 seconds.
- Wisp Dance: Spawn 3 wisps around you. These will circle you and deal 25% magic damage to the enemies that come in its range. You can reuse this magic spell to shoot all 3 wisps at your target. This will deal your target 50% magic damage and also reduce their damage by 30% for the next 5 seconds.
How to Get Illusion Magic
You can unlock the above-explained illusion spells by beating the V Blood bosses that reward these abilities. Here are all of them:
- Spectral Wolf: Beat Polora the Feywalker
- Veil of Illusion: Beat Polora the Feywalker
- Mist Trance: Beat Foulrot the Soultaker
- Spectral Assassin: Beat Leandra the Shadow Priestess
- Mirror Strike: Beat Octavian the Militia Captain
- Spectral Guardian: Beat Terah the Geomancer
- Wisp Dance: Beat Gorecrusher the Behemoth
That should help you understand all the different illusion abilities in V Rising and how to get these magic spells. If you need some more help with other topics of this game then check out our V Rising guides.