For many players of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, crafting items through DIY recipes is one of the best parts of the game. In ACNH, you are able to get various DIY recipes in many different ways. Through these recipes, you can craft a lot of day-to-day items as well as special items like pitfall seeds.
ACNH DIY Recipes
In this guide, you will know how to build DIY workbenches and how to get more DIY recipes in Animal Crossing New Horizons.
How to Get DIY workbenches?
A DIY workbench is essential for players to craft items. There will be a DIY workbench available at Resident Services but if you want to build one, the process is simple.
These are the things you need to craft your very own Simple DIY Workbench:
- Hardwood x 5
- Iron nuggets x 1
If you want to craft a Mini DIY Workbench, this it what it requires:
- Wood x 3
- Hardwood x 3
- Softwood x 3
- Iron Nugget x 2
Apart from these, you will also see workbenches like DIY workbench, Ironwood DIY workbench and Cute DIY table in New Horizons.
How to Get More DIY Recipes in Animal Crossing: New Horizons
Apart from the recipes given to players when they start playing the game, there are more recipes that can be unlocked on their island! To get more DIY recipes, you can keep checking the following areas:
- The beach – A bottle will wash up on the beach with a message in it. The message contains a DIY recipe. You can also find a message in a bottle on a mystery island. Check the beach every day to see if you receive something interesting.
- Balloons – When you see balloons carrying gifts floating in the sky, shoot it down with a slingshot to possibly receive a DIY recipe.
- Nook’s Cranny – You can buy recipes with Bells.
- Resident Services – You can get DIY recipes with Nook Miles at the Resident Services Kiosk.
- Other Villagers – Your neighbors can give you DIY recipes if you visit their house while they are crafting something at the time. Talking to them might give you a recipe, but you will only get one recipe per villager in a day.
After you find your DIY recipe, you can ‘learn’ it in the game. It will be added to the DIY Recipe app on your Nook Phone. That’s all! After this, your quest to collect the materials required can begin!
Check out our other Animal Crossing: New Horizons guides for more tips, tricks, unlocks and cheats.